A few photos added & minor corrections made.
Updated September 2023. Covers 366 fish seen by scuba divers (and all fish seen by snorkelers). Flip through screens like pages of a book or find a fish quickly by color or shape. Up to 5 photos per fish -- showing juveniles, males, females, color variations. Save fish you've seen in the Log Book. Watch videos for each fish too! And now, sharpen your fish ID skills with the new flashcard-style Quiz Mode.
- Targeted to scuba divers and advanced snorkelers.
- 366 species / 950+ photos
- Identify fish by color, shape, family group, name (common, scientific, or Hawaiian).
- Videos of all fish (requires internet)
- Flashcard-style quiz mode.
- Links to Fishbase and Reef.org for each fish.
- Logbook: save fish, add notes, share Logbook.
- Works great on iPads too.
Created by John Hoover, author of Hawaii's best-selling marine life ID books: The Ultimate Guide to Hawaiian Reef Fishes, and: Hawaii's Sea Creatures, a Guide to Hawaii's Marine Invertebrates. Check them out on Amazon.
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- December 10, 2019 New version 2.1
- January 07, 2020 New version 2.2
- October 22, 2020 New version 2.3
- August 06, 2021 New version 3.2
- September 16, 2023 New version 3.4.4
- September 16, 2023 Price increase: $5.99 -> $6.99