- Behavior of the hardware back button adjusted
- Trail codes are now displayed in the app
- Minor bug fixes
The app is available in many different languages!
MathCityMap is based on the math trail idea introduced in Melbourne, Australia in 1984 (that time on paper only). Since that time lots of mathematicians and math educators have picked up this fascinating idea. Just like us. Additionally we set a new approach to this project using mobile technology.
The MathCityMap App for smartphones is developed for students who would like to walk a math trail during school lessons or even for interested users who want to explore their surroundings with a mathematical point of view. The app leads the user via GPS to the mathematical tasks of a chosen math trail and gives automaticaly feedback on the answers of the user. In addition the app also provides hints in case someone is lost on a certain problem.
The MathCityMap web portal is for teachers and creative minds who want to create tasks and trails. Good tasks will be made public and can be used by everyone to combine them with their own tasks for a personal math trail. Furthermore the public tasks can inspire users for their own tasks. All created math trails can be solved by walking with a smartphone or can be printed out from an automatically generated PDF file. The web portal also provides tutorials how to get started, publications in the field of math trails and general informations about doing mathematics outdoors.
- June 16, 2019 Initial release
- August 16, 2019 New version 2.2.4
- September 28, 2019 New version 2.3.0
- October 02, 2019 New version 2.3.2
- December 03, 2019 New version 2.4.4
- December 10, 2019 New version 2.4.5
- July 15, 2020 New version 3.0.0
- October 23, 2020 New version 3.0.1
- August 06, 2021 New version 3.1.3