* Added the Toneboosters Lowtone synth (in-app purchase required). TB Lowtone is an innovative bass synthesizer plug-in featuring three voltage-controlled oscillators with a large variety of waveform algorithms, continuous pulse-width modulation (PWM), Frequency Modulation (FM) and oscillator hard sync, complemented by a voltage-controlled noise synthesizer, parameter modulation a re-designed non-linear voltage controlled filter.
TB Lowtone is the world's first bass synthesizer featuring loudness-domain harmonic synthesis, creating deeper, more consistent and production-ready bass sounds compared to conventional synthesizers operating in the (linear) amplitude domain.
* Added 'Output velocity range' to the MIDI input dialog.
* Replaced the I (I/O meter) at the bottom right with a Master volume indicator (M).
* Removed the 'Show CPU usage' option (it will now always be displayed).
* Added a setting 'Preview soundfont' which can be turned off if you don't want to hear a sound when selecting a Soundfont preset.
* 'Set visually' in the Time Stretch dialog did not work in the 'Beginner' user interface mode. Solved.
* Mixdown could crash when multi-core processing was turned on. Solved.
* Using a (pure) MIDI track would crash on MIDI input. Solved.
* Applying touch automation for AUv3's with loop playback did not add the automation points at the correct time. Solved.
* Mixing down with resampling always resulted in a 32-bit floating point WAV file. Solved.
* Added an option 'Ignore MIDI CC11 for SoundFonts' to the USB MIDI settings so you can use an expression pedal for other purposes.
Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we'll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, pitch and time editing of vocals (*), unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
• Multitrack audio recording / playback
• MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
• Drum pattern editor (including triplets)
• Automatically or manually tune your vocals with Vocal Tune Studio (*) : an editor to correct pitch and time of vocal recordings and the timing of any audio material. It features retune time, retune amount, volume and formant correction per note as well as vibrato controls.
• Add tempo and time signature changes including gradual tempo change
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Flexible effect routing: an unlimited number of effects can be placed on a grid, featuring parallel effect paths.
• Assign LFO's to effect parameters or lock parameters to tempo
• Sidechain on the compressor effects
• Inter-app audio effects and instruments
• AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
• Audio Unit instruments, effects and AU MIDI
• Virtual analog synthesizer 'Evolution One' featuring morphing oscillators, FM, Sub Osc, Noise, Portamento, 2 LFO's that can be routed to 12 targets, Moog type filtering, effects, ARP, sequencer and more!
• Soundfont (sf2/sfz) support: free GS/GM Soundfont included, add more from the Soundfont shop or from your own collection
• Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, time-stretching etc. with full undo/redo
• Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download)
• Track freezing to save CPU usage
• Clip volume and fade points
• Loop playback
• Automation of mixer and effect parameters
• Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
• Ghost track display on the piano roll
• MIDI clock sync
• MIDI remote control
• Punch in/out
• Unlimited number of tracks and groups
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
• Multi-core support
• AudioShare support
• Trackpad support
• Cloud sync using Google Drive and Dropbox
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
• ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• ToneBoosters Ferox
• ToneBoosters V4 Barricade
• ToneBoosters V4 BitJuggler
• ToneBoosters V4 Compressor
• ToneBoosters V4 Enhancer
• ToneBoosters V4 EQ
• ToneBoosters V4 MBC (multi-band compressor)
• ToneBoosters V4 ReelBus
• ToneBoosters V4 Reverb
• ToneBoosters V4 Sibilance
• ToneBoosters V4 Voice Pitcher
• Vocal Tune with two-voice harmonizer and Vocal Tune PRO, both real-time vocal pitch correction effects
• Vocal Tune Studio: auto tune your vocals, pitch and time correction
• Soundfont instrument packs
• Loop packs from Function Loops
The 'PRO' in-app purchase is only for people who downloaded version 1.x in the past and is not applicable to version 2.0 or higher.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! We'll gladly solve any problem!
- June 17, 2019 Initial release
- June 29, 2019 New version 2.1.5
- August 17, 2019 New version 2.1.8
- August 29, 2019 New version 2.1.9
- July 15, 2020 New version 2.3.3
- July 15, 2020 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- October 22, 2020 New version 2.3.4
- December 10, 2020 New version 3.0.0
- December 10, 2020 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- September 16, 2023 New version 5.9.1
- September 16, 2023 Price increase: $9.99 -> $10.99