- Butchered the "no-touch-controls-on-first-launch-bug".
- Improved wide screen device support.
- Added some more controller support for 8BitDo Gamepads.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
*** WARNING: DUE TO HEAVY GRAPHIC AND PROCESSING REQUIREMENTS, THE BUG BUTCHER IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH IPAD MINI 2+, IPAD 3+, IPHONE 5+ AND iPOD TOUCH 6TH GENERATIONS. ***
"Squashing Makes Me Feel Good!" - Touch Arcade 5/5
"It’s just brilliant fun. Shoot stuff, smile, shoot more stuff." - Pocket Gamer 9/10
The Bug Butcher is an intense action shooter, wrapped in stylistic 2D art, and smeared with humor where timing and fierce reflexes are paramount!
The gameplay has an extremely simple core mechanic that is easy to understand, but hard to master. Plus, who doesn’t love a universe where you wield a beefy arsenal of military grade weaponry.
The core mechanics hold old ties from the classic arcade shooter “Super Pang” where you shoot vertically, but with modern day twists. You are Harry, a brash and tenacious exterminator who has a knack for decimating bugs.
Harry’s current assignment takes him to the infested futuristic research facility on planet Zoit. The surviving and dwindling number of scientists employed him for his slaughtering skills. Harry’s mission: survive until the decontamination of the building is complete, hoard coins like his life depended on it, and protect the scientists at all costs. Watch out for the spiders as they have a particular fondness for rubber encased scientists. After landing, you will move from room to room through the facility blasting rockets, lasers, and wielding the power of lighting upwards at anything not human.
- October 20, 2016 Initial release
- November 06, 2016 New version 1.0.1
- December 21, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- January 01, 2017 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- June 15, 2019 New version 1.0.7