- Dark mode support
- Support history storms information. Click on the date label to switch to a different date.
- Right side menu provides the event categories and the number of events for each category. Select a category to see the events on the map.
- Update the user interface and improve usability.
This is a free version with limited features and alerts. For full features and TVOS App, please look for the Pro version.
The Next Generation of NOAA Storms and NOAA Radar app is here (This app is part of the Universal Purchase. With one purchase, you will be able to know the NOAA Storms information on your iOS, Watch OS and Apple TV devices.).
NOAA Storms provide reports for the following critical events:
- Strong wind
- Large Hail
iOS App Quick Started:
> US Storms are listed on the map. Zoom in/out and select any city to see the Storm information. Storms information will be refreshed every 10 minutes to provide you the up-to-date information.
> Giving the fact there can be no storm in any given day, click on the "Test" button to load the built in data (based upon Feb 24, 2016 Storm Prediction activities) so that you can try out the functionalities.
> US NOAA Radar images will be loaded when the app is launched and will be refreshed every 10 minutes. And you are ready to see the latest real time radar images on the map. Zoom in and out to see the whether across multiple states. Click on the "Radar" button to enable/disable radar images. Slide the slider to change the transparency of radar images.
> To see the Storm in 3D View and view the information, follow the steps below:
1. Select "Flyover" on the top to enable 3D View and you should be able to see the storms in 3D View.
2. You can use two-fingers gesture to change viewing angles: zoom in/out, rotate, swipe up/down for 3D View
4. Click on any storm to see the information
Watch App Quick Started:
> Launch the Watch App and the app will communicate with the iOS App to get the nearest storm information and also notify the iOS App to select the storm and view the information. Click on the "Nearest" button if you would like to search the nearest storm again.
This app is the Next Generation of NOAA Storms and NOAA Radar app by integrating the following technologies and data together:
- The latest Apple MapKit features such as Traffic, Buildings, POI and 3D Model
- Apple Watch Integration with iPhone.
- Apple TV integration (Universal Purchase: one purchase to get the app on iOS, Apple Watch and Apple TV)
- Storms including Tornado, Hail and Wind.
- Real Time NOAA Radar
- Databases with built in information.
This app provides the following features:
- The first app to integrate both Storms and the latest national Radar images together.
- The first app to provide Storm and Radar images in 3D view.
- One click Storm selection by selecting the right sidebar and click on a storm location.
- One click feature switch by selecting the left sidebar and click on a feature
- One click theme switch by selecting the left sidebar and click on a theme.
- This app provides the Apple Watch Integration
- This app will provide Apple TV integration.
- March 06, 2016 Initial release
- March 23, 2016 New version 2.21
- July 15, 2020 New version 20.62