＊ Home Screen Widget on iOS 14.
＊ Support for the newest Nest Thermostat.
＊ Fix for the Watch app authorization problem that has affected some users.
＊ Temperature sensors should now be visible in the Watch app for all users. Thanks to Alexander for helping troubleshoot this!
Previous major updates:
＊ Added support for iOS/iPadOS 14 and watchOS 7.
＊ You can sign in with a Google or a Nest account to both the iOS app, and the Apple TV app.
＊ You can save both the Google account and Nest account API Key from the app menu. As usual, it's advisable to do this.
＊ Watch app can now display temperatures from Nest temperature sensors, and change the active sensor. To do this, press the watch screen firmly.
＊ Fan running time can now be configured in the app settings, independently for the iOS app, and the Watch app.
＊ HomeKit thermostat support added to the Apple TV version of the app.
＊ Tip Jar added to the app menu. If Watch Cam has changed your home experience for the better, please consider giving a small tip.
Apple Watch, Nest Thermostat, and Siri. Together at last.
＊ The app has Siri Voice shortcuts for seamless Siri control of your Nest, from the iPhone, Watch, iPad, and HomePod. It fully supports Apple Watch LTE, and can work when the iPhone is not around - as long as the watch itself has internet access (either LTE or WiFi).
＊ The app lets you monitor and control HomeKit thermostats like Ecobee, and functions largely the same with them as it does with Nest, except for the Siri Shortcuts functionality which is not needed with HomeKit. It lets you see your thermostat info on the Watch complications, and control it using the iOS widget.
• Using Siri voice shortcuts you can control many aspects of your Nest, such as instant activation of heating or cooling, setting the temperature by saying how many degrees you want to set, increasing/decreasing the temperature, and setting the Home/Away state. Thanks to Thermo Watch, It's all finally just one casual "Hey Siri" away, all with informative visual and verbal feedback.
• From the watch face, tap on the Thermo Watch complication to open the app. Spin the Digital Crown, or Swipe up/down to adjust the temperature. You can start adjusting the moment the app opens.
• On your iOS device you can press and hold onto the app icon to open a quick popout menu, you can swipe to the notification center to adjust the temperature on the Widget, or you can just open the app. Again, you can start adjusting the moment the controls appear.
• From your Apple TV, open the app, and swipe up/down on the remote to change the temperate.
The app is fully functional with an initial purchase. The in-app purchases are used only for giving a tip to the developer.
The app will let you know with a chime and a tap, that the thermostat has received and applied your command.
Monitor your Thermostats and Home/Away status right from the watch face, using complications that update in the background, without having to launch the app.
You can use Siri on your iPhone, Watch, iPad, or HomePod to control any of your thermostats. Record phrases that make most sense to you, such as "Start Heating" or "Make it Cooler". If you have multiple thermostats you can control them individually, by saying for example "Start Heating Upstairs" or "Start Cooling the Living Room".
Visit https://thermowatch.net/siri website for the detailed instructions of Siri operation.
Set Geofence around your home to reliably set the Home and Away state when you come and go.
The app supports multiple thermostats in multiple homes - just swipe left and right on your Watch screen to access them, or see them all at the same time in the iOS Widget and the app. Fahrenheit and Celsius are both supported.
Beyond that, you can press the Watch screen firmly for additional functions, like switching to a heating or cooling mode, setting the away status, choosing the active temperature sensor, or turning the fan on and off.
While the app's minimalist looks betray the simplicity of its operation, what they don't show is the amount of planning, design, development and refinement that went into it, ensuring it becomes something that is enjoyable to use and experience.
Thermo Watch does not collect any of your data. Your login information, thermostat settings, and any activity - all of it flows exclusively between your devices and Nest. Author of Thermo Watch does not receive any of it, at any point.
This app and its developer are unaffiliated with Google Inc. or Google Nest. Nest is a trademark of Google Inc.
- March 21, 2016 Initial release
- March 26, 2016 New version 1.1
- June 30, 2016 New version 1.6
- August 05, 2016 New version 1.7
- November 07, 2016 New version 2.7
- November 07, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 12, 2016 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 19, 2016 New version 2.8
- November 19, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 24, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 25, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 26, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- December 09, 2016 New version 3.0
- December 21, 2016 New version 3.1
- June 13, 2019 New version 11.4
- August 28, 2019 New version 12.0
- September 04, 2019 New version 12.1
- September 24, 2019 New version 12.2
- September 26, 2019 New version 12.3
- October 21, 2019 New version 12.4
- November 11, 2019 New version 12.5
- January 14, 2020 New version 12.6
- July 15, 2020 New version 15.3
- October 23, 2020 New version 15.4.1
- December 10, 2020 New version 15.5