Various enhancements & bug fixes
The ultimate virtual reality experience: A VR Planetarium! Star Chart VR lets you explore the solar system and night sky in a beautiful and accurate real-time simulation.
*** Star Chart VR is the virtual reality version of the hugely successful augmented reality astronomy & star gazing app - Star Chart - downloaded by over 20 million people world-wide. ***
Delight in exploring the solar system, from the Sun to the smallest moons of Saturn and out to the coldest, darkest, farthest reaches of Pluto. Gaze down and marvel at our solar system from above. Look up in wonder at the rings of Saturn. Feel the awe of floating in space around worlds no human has yet set foot on. Understand how the constellations of our night sky are made up of stars distant to each other in both space and time. Embrace the impossible distances of our solar system and the inordinate scale of our universe.
Star Chart for Virtual Reality currently includes:
- An accurate real-time simulation of the visible stars and planets as you see them from Earth
- A 3D solar system to explore, including the Sun, the planets and major moons
- All 88 constellations based on the beautiful artwork of 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius
- And much much more.
What better way to learn about the night sky and astronomy than to immerse yourself as a virtual astronaut travelling through space. This experience is the perfect way for both the young and old to let their inner child experience the thrills of embracing the final frontier.
- Star Chart VR requires a Cardboard viewer to use (button / trigger enabled). Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard
- Virtual Reality is best experienced running at 60 frames per second. Most high end modern phones will provide you with smooth frame-rate (a result of processing speed) and seamless head tracking (a result of sensor update speed and accuracy). Star Chart for VR was developed on an iPhone 6 and runs beautifully on this and higher end devices.
- Written from the ground up for Virtual Reality, Star Chart VR is in many ways a superior product to the original Star Chart, but please do not expect full feature parity. We will continue to develop and enhance Star Chart VR over time, so at some point Star Chart VR may reach parity (where applicable), but there are no promises.
Feel free to provide us with your thoughts, feedback and feature requests, and for help using Star Chart VR please see the Virtual Reality section of our Star Chart User Guide: www.escapistgames.com/starchart/instruction_manual.html
- February 25, 2016 Initial release
- July 12, 2016 New version 1.4
- June 15, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 17, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99