This is a free version with limited features. Purchase the Pro version for the full features and TVOS (Universal Purchase)
The Next Generation of NOAA Buoys and NOAA Radar app is here (This app is part of the Universal Purchase. With one purchase, you will be able to see the NOAA Buoys on your iOS, Watch OS and Apple TV devices.). Buoys are a great extension to the NOAA Radar for the latest weather information no matter where you are.
iOS App Quick Started:
> Buoys around the globe are listed. Zoom in/out and select any Buoy to see the latest weather information (Only Pro version will display the weather information).
> (Pro version only) US NOAA Radar images will be loaded when the app is launched and will be refreshed every 10 minutes. And you are ready to see the latest real time radar images on the map. Zoom in and out to see the whether across multiple states. Click on the "Radar" button to enable/disable radar images. Slide the slider to change the transparency of radar images.
> To see the Buoys in 3D View, follow the steps below:
1. Select "Flyover" on the top to enable 3D View and you should be able to see the Buoys in 3D View.
2. You can use two-fingers gesture to change viewing angles: zoom in/out, rotate, swipe up/down for 3D View
3. (Pro version only) click on the left sidebar and select "Major Cities" and click on any major city nearby ocean/lake to see the City and Buoys in 3D View.
4. Click on any Buoy for the latest information.
Watch App Quick Started:
> Launch the Watch App and the app will communicate with the iOS App to get the nearest Buoy information and also notify the iOS App to select and view the Buoy. Click on the "Nearest" button if you would like to search the nearest Buoy again.
This app is the Next Generation of NOAA Buoys and NOAA Radar app by integrating the following technologies and data together:
- The latest Apple MapKit features such as Traffic, Buildings, POI and 3D Model
- Apple Watch Integration with iPhone.
- Apple TV integration (Universal Purchase: one purchase to get the app on iOS, Apple Watch and Apple TV)
- NOAA Buoys
- Real Time NOAA Radar
- Databases with built in information.
This app provides the following features:
- The first app to integrate both NOAA Buoys and the latest national Radar images together.
- The first app to provide NOAA Buoys and Radar images in 3D view.
- One click Buoy selection by selecting the right sidebar and click on a Buoy.
- One click feature switch by selecting the left sidebar and click on a feature
- One click theme switch by selecting the left sidebar and click on a theme.
- This app provides the Apple Watch Integration
- This app will provide Apple TV integration.
- February 09, 2016 Initial release