Collecting fonts is great when you're browsing your library and want to mark candidates for your design.
But when managing and categorizing your fonts it's often easier to just *select* things.
That's why Typeface now offers the best of both worlds with a new Selection Mode.
When enabled you can select fonts, just like you would in any other app.
Double click a font to view details.
You can use the arrow keys to scroll through your library and use handy new shortcuts to go in and out of detail view.
The Collect corner is still there and allows you to collect fonts like you're used to.
It puts fonts in the temporary Quick Collection, so you can easily review your marked candidates.
Both selection and Quick Collection work hand in hand to make Typeface more intuitive to browse.
Selection Mode is the default for new installs, but the app keeps the current setting for existing users.
You can enable the new Selection Mode in the grid toolbar button or in the app Settings.
• Selection Mode: click to select, double click to view font details
• Press space to view font details (Selection Mode)
• Press enter (return) to Collect selected fonts (Selection Mode)
• Double click detail preview to return to overview
• Tweaked design of font previews
• Decreased grid size a bit to allow for more fonts on screen, particularly for larger font sizes
• Better Auto Sizing of fonts to fit the grid
• Smarter size fitting for compare preview overlays
• Show font file path in info context menu
• Show font file path when clicking on folder column in List Styles detail tab
• Better visibilty of collected fonts in List Styles detail tab
• Improved performance when pressing keyboard shortcuts
• Added keyboard scrolling to Info detail tab
• Added Command-E keyboard shortcut for editing families of selected fonts
• Changed keyboard shortcut for removing fonts to Command-Backspace
• Added keyboard shortcuts for increasing and decreasing font size, Command-+ (plus) / Command-- (minus)
• Added keyboard shortcuts for increasing and decreasing tracking, Command-Option-+ (plus) / Command-Option-- (minus)
• Rearranged options in Settings
• Position Multi Tag panel at last selected font and make sure it's visible if the selected fonts are scrolled out of view
• Set correct preview size when the Auto Size option is toggled
• Make Pro detail tabs available when registering Pro license when viewing font details
• Correctly dehighlight tags when dragging fonts to the sidebar and sidebar is still collapsed
• Keep selection state for fonts that are missing
• Prevent visual glitch of selected fonts when quickly scrolling through the overview
• Fully expand detail List Styles on macOS Monterey
- Fixed restoring previous purchases
Typeface is a beautiful font manager that helps you pick the perfect font for your designs. Effortlessly organize your library with flexible tags and improve your design workflow by visually browsing through live font previews.
Good typography is one of the most important aspects of design, but finding the font that conveys just the right emotion can be a difficult task — especially if you're not sure yet what you're looking for. With a minimal interface and total focus on your fonts Typeface makes choosing fonts a delightful experience.
Free limited trial. One time in-app purchase to unlock all current features.
No subscription, yours forever.
FOCUS ON YOUR FONTS
• Perfectly rendered previews
• Live customization of preview text & size
• Intuitive & minimal UI that doesn't distract
• Light & Dark theme for day and night
• Easy to use & flexible tagging system (combine, subtract, invert & nest)
• Powerful search & filters (weight, width, x-height, figure styles, OpenType feature support, variable fonts, color fonts, file types, manufacturer and more)
• Smart sidebar (auto collapse, tag highlight, drag & drop)
• In-place font activation & deactivation [PRO]
IMPROVE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Collect font candidates using the Quick Collection
• Review & refine your selection
• Switch fonts in leading design apps directly from the app [PRO]
• Export a PDF to share with colleagues and clients
REVEAL EVERY DETAIL
• View unicode character support [PRO]
• Preview full body text layouts [PRO]
• Inspect OpenType font features [PRO]
• Get detailed font info
AND MUCH MORE
• 5000+ free fonts from the Google Fonts catalog, including variable fonts [PRO]
• Support for ttf, otf, dfont, ttc, woff and PostScript Type 1 font suitcase
• Migrate sets from FontExplorer X / Suitcase Fusion / Font Book
• Auto synchronization of imported directories [PRO]
• Temporary font activation [PRO]
• Group fonts by family
• Filter fonts by characters
• Auto font style classification
• Adjust letter s p a c i n g
• Left/right/center alignment
• Metrics overlay
• Advanced OpenType support [PRO]
• Variable fonts tuning [PRO]
• Import Font Book collections
• Dynamic previews
• Export & Import tags
• Convenient keyboard shortcuts
• Import Adobe fonts
• Auto activation [PRO]
• Tagged and Untagged meta-tags
• Background mode
• Font context info [PRO]
• Quick multi tagging [PRO]
• Find & remove duplicate fonts [PRO]
• Compare fonts using A/B font overlays
The Typeface free download provides limited functionality to try out the app. Get PRO to unlock all these features:
• Import your own fonts and folders
• Persistent & temporary font activation
• Font characters overview
• Body text layout previews
• OpenType feature inspection
• Font Switch
• Family Editor
• Variable fonts tuning
• Find & remove duplicate fonts
• Multi tagging
• Advanced filters
• Variable Google Fonts
• Font context info
+ All PRO features released in upcoming 12 months
Typeface PRO is a one time purchase to unlock all current features.
In addition, you'll get new features released in the upcoming 12 months for free.
After 12 months you can extend your license to receive new updates & functionality.
Extending is optional — you can continue to use the app and all your permanently unlocked features, even after 12 months.
No subscription, no auto renewals.
Check out typefaceapp.com for more info, handy tips & support.
- December 20, 2015 Initial release
- February 03, 2016 New version 1.1.0
- February 28, 2016 New version 1.1.1
- March 23, 2016 New version 1.2.0
- March 26, 2016 New version 1.2.1
- July 12, 2016 New version 1.4.1
- November 06, 2016 New version 1.5.1
- December 21, 2016 New version 1.5.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.4.1
- June 14, 2019 Price increase: $9.99 -> $19.99
- June 26, 2019 New version 2.5.0
- October 10, 2019 New version 2.6.0
- October 15, 2019 New version 2.6.1
- November 05, 2019 New version 2.6.2
- December 03, 2019 New version 2.6.3
- January 07, 2020 New version 2.6.4
- October 28, 2020 New version 2.7.0
- September 16, 2023 New version 3.10.1
- September 16, 2023 Price decrease: $19.99 -> FREE!