Bahraini born ROAYA’S love affair with food started from a very young age. From spending time in the kitchen with her mother and grandmother, Roaya eagerly learnt and absorbed traditional bahraini family recipes, which she is passionate about sharing.
Stepping away from cooking for family, and friends Roaya set up her own restaurant in late 2011. She kept true to her Bahraini roots yet introduced new flavours in her inimitable style to traditional recipes.
In Roaya’s own words “Cobbled archways…stone paved floor…while washed walls, vibrant colours, delicious smell and lively sounds….As far back as I can remember I have nurtured a dream of cooking mouth watering Bahraini food using locally sourced organic ingredients in an inviting environment… a real treat for the senses… and a dream which is finally now becoming a reality with the opening of my restaurant Villa Mamas
- September 24, 2015 Initial release
- January 27, 2016 New version 1.1
- March 05, 2016 New version 1.2
- June 21, 2016 New version 1.3
- August 13, 2016 New version 1.4
- November 05, 2016 New version 1.8
- November 12, 2016 New version 1.9