Updated to enhance performance on the new iOS.
Platinum winner of the Best App for Children and Toddlers from Best Mobile App Awards. From the makers of the award-winning OctoPlus comes another fun, interactive, math game for young children and children with special needs. ZyroMath City Count is an interactive runner-game for children that keeps kids math motivated. Test your reflexes as your robot Zyro races through the city, collecting stars and power-ups that give you special powers. Touch to jump and avoid obstacles, and use your math points to buy super-power characters and prizes in the ZyroStore. See how far you can run!
Video Play: https://youtu.be/lae_dN2AuTQ
“Fun math app that encourages children to work hard on both math and fine motor skills with motivators while they learn” - The iMums
“This app is a winner for getting kids excited about numbers and counting” - Fun2Tap
“This is a must-have for kiddos that are learning to count, especially those in the special-needs community” - Smart Apps for Kids
Key Features of ZyroMath
1. Learn to count up to 100 by ones and tens
2. One-touch input for help in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
3. Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids
4. Beginner, Advanced, and Expert mode to to provide easy-selectable options based on the motor skill level or cognitive skill level of the child
5. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess or Zumo)
6. A customizable learning mode than can learn optimal game settings to personalize settings to the needs of the child
7. Customizable settings, such as the ability to remove obstacles or reduce game speed, to increase access for children of all skill levels and abilities
8. Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn through repetition
9. Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning
10. Reporting option enables parents, teachers, and clinicians to monitor their child’s progress in mastery of the educational content
11. Includes the ZyroStore where kids can buy characters or prizes as a motivational reward for reinforcement and to encourage repeated math play
12. App is linked to math standards so can use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
13. Stores information for multiple-users so can keep profiles saved for a group of children
14. This app does not share personal information. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
ZyroMath City Count covers the following Counting and Cardinality Math Topics found in the Common Core Math State Standards:
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.A.1 – Count to 100 by ones and by tens
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.A.2 – Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.B.4.C – Understand that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger
- August 18, 2015 Initial release
- September 30, 2015 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- October 06, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- January 18, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.1
- September 11, 2019 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!