Posted by Rob Rich on May 15th, 2014 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Popular tactical RPG Record of Agarest War started out on consoles, and was brought to Android, but now it’s finally on iOS.
In a somewhat surprising move, the game was released to the App Store with very little fanfare. Still, it’s here now so why not check it out? All the hours upon hours of gameplay, massive combos, monster capturing, giving birth to the next generation’s hero (for up to 5 generations), and more are present and accounted for – it’s just been shrunk down. Pretty cool, right? It’s a wonder nobody’s been talking about it.
You can grab Record of Agarest War off the App Store now for $14.99. Additional dungeon DLC and in-app purchases are available.
* Over 100 hours of gameplay
* 59 outstanding soundtracks
* Full 720p HD graphic assets
* 40 cut scene videos
* Fully voice acted with 16,000 character voices
* Over 400 different Magic spells and Battle skills
* Over 400 Enemies and Characters
* Capture monsters to join your army
* Story stretching 5 Generations of heroes
* Enhanced battle system including combo system, break and overkill
* Support for full touch interface, virtual on screen controller and iCade support
* Automatic save backup to iCloud.
* Support for Leaderboards and Achievements through Game Center.
* Language: English text with Japanese voices.
* Airplay support
* universal application
Dungeon crawlers as a genre have certainly seen much success over the years, but that doesn’t mean that everyone loves them. It takes a certain kind of mentality to find joy in gathering tons of loot through repetitious fighting in order to fight stronger things (repetitiously) for better loot. Now assuming there was something else added to the proceedings to keep things from feeling less monotonous, something like that could draw in a bit more of a crowd. That is to say, draw in even more of a crowd. And what usually sells like crazy regardless of medium or platform? Humor.
With that in mind (I think), Ayopa Games and Drowning Monkeys have decided to unleash Dungeon Crawlers on an unsuspecting App Store. The game itself is a combination of more typical dungeon crawlers with multi-floored dungeons, loot and experience grinding and turn-based strategy RPGs. Players will control a team of four adventurers (an alchemist, priest, barbarian, and dwarven warrior) over the course of five chapters, each with their own distinct environments. They’ll also be going toe-to-toe with plenty of nasty monsters as they scrounge for stuff.
Dungeon Crawlers is slated for a January 26th release. A universal release, might I add. For a special “introductory price” of $1.99 no less.