Call me a cynic, but it seems to me that year after year, we find ourselves being inundated with reminders of the holiday season earlier and earlier. I used to think that it was crazy to hear Christmas music on the radio before Thanksgiving, but a recent addition to the App Store seems to be taking this pre-celebration insanity that to another level. Gifts HD, a new app being promoted as a holiday shopping organizer, is hitting before the trick-or-treaters have even had a chance to knock on your door.
Trust me, in my exceedingly old age, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of basic daily information, so something that could help me tame the insanity of my Christmas list would be amazing. I guess that has a tendency to happen when you come from an extended family that consists of over fifty cousins! So how exactly is this supposed to redefine how I experience the holiday rush?
- Add a Budget for each “Person to Buy For” and see if your exceeding your limit in one easy screen.
- Track Gift Purchased, Gift Mailed and Gift Wrapped for each person.
- Settings configurable to cross people / gifts off your list when a threshold has been met.
- Countdown to Christmas and Chanukah – Both Configurable.
- Summary screen shows Total Gifts, Purchased Gifts, Gifts Left to Purchase, Gift Wrapped, Left to Wrap, Estimated Budget, Actual Cost and Cost Per Gift.
- TO DO list is a quick glance of who still needs gifts and what actions need to be preformed. (Purchase, Mail, Wrap)
- Built in calculator in App.
- Built in Web Browser built in the app – Browser automagically bring over your TO DO list so you can see what gifts you need to purchase.
- Just tap on the TO DO list in the browser and it will go out and search Google Products for the best prices.
- Email the Summary and TO DO list off to your phone so you can see what you need to purchase and for who on the go! –via MacSpots Developer Blog
Just looking at this list of features leaves my mind swimming with possibilities. If you were curious on how all of these seemingly different features work together, check out this handy tutorial trailer below. The background Christmas tunes alone make it well worth your time.
Productivity apps like this one prove why the iPad is the kind of device that can redefine your lifestyle. Gone is the nonsense of pen and paper, replacing it with the glory that is multi-touch. Now is the time to embrace the future possibilities that only this device can provide. This could very well be a godsend to countless “Secret Santas” out there – will you be one of them?