Tag: Hack n Slash »
[Trying to decide if Implosion is worth buying? Check out our review.]
Fighting your way through Implosion’s many, many levels isn’t difficult to figure out - by which I mean it won’t take long to learn the ropes - but the Ark System it uses to manage your upgrades never really gets a proper explanation. So rather than trying to feel your way around, how about you let us show you the ropes?
The Ark System is split into four sections where you can equip different systems you find or purchase - Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Lambda. All systems can affect your power or endurance, along with other systems unique to their category.
- Alpha - 2 slots. Tends to focus on passive attack bonuses like critical rates and ballistics damage. Some upgrades also affect your shield power and can increase item drop rates.
- Beta - 2 slots. More defense-oriented with upgrades that increase amor, agility, and shield repair.
- Gamma - 2 slots. Emphasizes things like HP recovery, “Rage,” and restorative powers. Some upgrades can also include the Hack ability, which will be necessary to access certain locked rooms in various levels.
- Lambda - 1 slot. These upgrades grant entirely new special abilities, such as creating a temporary shield or triggering an area-effect attack.
[Not sure if Stormblades is for you? Check out our review]
So, you’ve downloaded Stormblades and you want some tips on how to be the best warrior out there. Never fear, for we’ve got you covered.
- Timing and rhythm is everything when it comes to earning the most points in this game. Practice is the best way to learn timing.
- Conversely, if you just want to progress and work your way through the levels, slash like crazy at everything. This is a particularly good tactic early on, so you can unlock the second sword quickly.
- Once you’ve unlocked that new sword, it’s the ideal time to learn to anticipate so you can parry blows. You do this by swiping in the opposite direction of the attack coming at you.
- Remember to go nuts when the enemy is vulnerable. It’s the ideal time to inflict a ton of damage.
- Learn your enemy’s attack patterns. They’re fairly clear to see and simple to fight against.
- Double tap to dodge a charged attack. These hurt, otherwise!
Gameloft has just unveiled Dungeon Hunter 5, a new addition to their mobile hack 'n' slash franchise. Playing as a 'common-guy' bounty hunter following on from the events of Dungeon Hunter 4, the game is set to feature improved graphics, new animations 'built from the ground up', and all new weapons and effects.
Players will also be the owners of their own dungeon 'hideouts' in the new multiplayer mode, where they'll aim to defend their loot whilst stealing from others. Each hideout is designed by the player, with the ultimate goal of an attacker being to defeat the owner of the hideout at the end and claim some of their loot as their own. This loot can then be used in the new weapon fusing system, which allows players to combine and level-up their weaponry.
Dungeon Hunter 5 is set to slash its way onto the App Store later this year. Players can pre-register for the game now, which gives them the opportunity to work toward exclusive launch day items including concept art and a minion to help protect their loot.
Dawn of the Immortals, a Dungeon-Crawling, Cross-Platform MMORPG, Announced with Pre-Registration Bonus
Perfect World Entertainment has announced their new MMORPG coming to iOS, Dawn of the Immortals, releasing this summer in North America and Europe. Players will fight through dungeons, teaming up with fellow players to take down their opponents in both PvP and PvE (player vs. environment) arenas. There will be guilds, parties, group chat, and more social features, including cross-platform play with the Android version.
Dawn of the Immortals is planned for this summer, and players who pre-register can get a free mystic pet summoning card when the game releases.