Tag: Free to play »
Just in case you missed all the hubub, Everywear Games (a studio created specifically for smartwatch development) has announced the upcoming release of Runeblade - a "fantasy adventure" that's been designed from the ground up for the Apple Watch.
Loot, upgradable weapons, monster smashing; it's all there and it's looking pretty good. It's also been designed with bite-sized play sessions in mind, which should work well on a device you'll most likely be tossing quick glances at rather than staring at a screen for extended periods of time.
Runeblade will be available as a free download later this month, and once the Apple Watch launches we can expect plenty more content down the line.
Chaces are you don't need much prodding to go and download the free mobile version of Mortal Kombat X, but just in case I'll leave you with this little tidbit: even though it's the mobile spin-off, it still has fatalities.
You may now do the thing.
[Wondering if it's worth dramatically pushing the swinging doors open on this saloon? Check out our review]
You’ve got a lot of work ahead of you if you want to turn your little patch of dirt into a bonafide frontier town, and Orville Driller and his cronies aren’t exactly rolling out the welcome mat. But don’t worry, even the toughest hombres need help every now and then (okay I’m done with the old west jokes, I swear).
- Be mindful of Gold and Goods limits - Starting out, you’ll only be able to hold a maximum of 2,000 of either resource. It sounds like a lot, but it’ll fill up quickly. Try not to let your earnings go to waste.
- If you’re about to exceed the limit, spend it - Successful attacks on Orville’s occupied territories will always yield Gold and Goods, so if you’re really close to the maximum you should try to spend some of either (or both) before continuing on. Build or upgrade stuff if you can, but if that’s not an option you can also clear out trees and rocks.
- Watch videos when able - There’s a covered wagon with a film strip icon over it that sometimes appears on the road. Tap it and you’ll be prompted to watch a video. You definitely want to watch, as once you’re finished you’ll be able to pick a random card from a group of four. These can include diamonds (used to speed things up), sidekicks, workers, or even piles of resources.
- Use Jakob Ammann to keep things moving - The basic version of his card will take up to 15 minutes off of one upgrade, which is great for when you’re starting out and things don’t take hours to finish.
- Use William Wealth when you need a cash boost - The basic form of William nets you 500 Gold, so use it if you’re a little short. Make sure you remember that resource limit, though!
The Sandbox, by PIXOWL, has gotten a high-adventure loving, relic stealing update that introduces a new characters: Jones!
You can send Jones to explore ancient Mayan temples, armed with his trusty whip and boomerang. The update includes 15 new elements and 1 new platform-oriented campaign that's 12 danger filled levels of snakes, Mayan guardians, piranha, and killer bees.
There are a ton of other new things to discover in the update to The Sandbox.