Exceptional roguelike-inspired action-RPG Wayward Souls has been significantly updated.
The game now offers a new dungeon in the form of The Labyrinth, offering 20 floors of pain, the conclusion of the stories of the current six characters, plus a new boss. There are a bunch of new hats, a new Super Secret Area, some tweaks to the general game, and all-around fixes to anything else that needed correcting.
As is the way with Rocketcat Games's promised pricing structure, Wayward Souls has gone up in price by $1, increasing to $5.99. There'll be another price increase to $6.99 when the next update is released soon. Given, there's already some information about the next update, including MFI controller support and at least two new dungeon modes, it's the ideal time to dive into it and snap up Wayward Souls, before it rises in price once again.
Wayward Souls is available now on the App Store, priced at $5.99.
- Fixes for the zoom-in bug for iPad 1 and iOS 5.1.1.
- Control tweaks for iPad devices, you can set movement and swipe sensitivy separately.
- Health potions are no longer awful.
- Automatic screen flipping.
- Map now also shows your floor number.
- Try to charge up a power attack when low on energy will no longer prevent you from moving.
- You no longer get an energy regeneration bonus for charging up a power attack.
- Hats stay on your head instead of unequipping.
- Match Hat Color moved to the hatbox menu instead of options.
- A bunch of new hats.
- REPEAT STORY: ON/OFF toggle in options menu.
- Gauranteed rare chest after each boss.
- Chests can now be destroyed after being opened, to prevent weird situations where you could get stuck.
- Some fixes to level generation in the first three dungeons.
- Increased gold drop rate in the third and fourth dungeons.
- Rare chests now drop normal hats if you run out of rare hats to find.
- Guard Captains should no longer attack you immediately when they take damage.
- Flame traps should be a bit more forgiving now.
- Tapping during the retry/victory epitaphs now skips the text much faster.
- Reflection damage buffed to triple of what it was.
- Super Secret Area, will YOU survive its enigmatic horrors?
- Various other minor tweaks and fixes.
- Lots of character balance changes, with more coming in Update 2. For more details, check out this address:
Second update plans:
- MFI Controller support
- Further character tweaks, especially to Rogue
- New Cheevos (achievements for the layman)
- At least two new dungeon modes, including Endless
- Saint Statue revamp, including a bugfix to make them actually appear on random floors.
- Boss healthbars
- Looking into some sort of save syncing, not necessarily iCloud
- Other stuff we didn't get to do in the first update