Tag: Action rpg »
Kritika: The White Knights has passed 10 million downloads worldwide and GAMEVIL Inc. is celebrating by giving existing users a special present as well as a new update. You can log in today by 2:59pm PST to get a and awesome level 50 Legendary weapon. What is it? We don't know, but it sounds awesome.
New users can also make use of the coupon code HELLOKRITIKA to get themselves 200 free Karats and potentially give them more of a chance to catch up. Just make sure to use the code within 24 hours of downloading the game, or else it won't work.
The update will be coming out this week and includes the guild shop and guild tower. To access the guild shop you must join a guild, but once you're in you'll be able to purchase great items with guild shop points that can be earned in Guild Tower battles. Some in-guild activities will also get you points, so this gives you some options other than saving up Gold and Karats for items.
The Guild Tower feature lets guild members build a tower and hold in-guild activities including the aforementioned Guild Tower battle. The more activities you do in a guild, the more powerful you and your guild will become.
This is a big week for Kritika: The White Knights. If you haven't checked out this popular action RPG yet, you can download it for free on the App Store now. The coupon code for new users will be available through February 7.
You can't keep a Dark Angel down.
The new Dark Angels Chapter Pack for Warhammer 40,000: Carnage from Roadhouse Interactive, has players taking on the role of the Dark Angel Space Marine on his path to reap revenge after being captured, beaten, and left to die in a ruined temple.
The new chapter comes with a lot of exciting additions. Players can equip the Plasma Gun and fight their way through Arena Combat gameplay featured in the new missions. Roadhouse Interactive has also included Wargear Supply Caches in which players can find the most powerful Wargear on Mithra. The supply Caches can be bought using gold or found on missions.
You can buy Warhammer 40,000: Carnage on the app store for $6.99. Once you have it, the Dark Angel Chapter Pack can be unlocked for gold in game.
GAMEVIL's Kritika: Chaos Unleashed for mobile which got it's soft-launch in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand this past week is being released world-wide July 15. The game is a hack and slash style RPG with monster waves, crafting, and character customization.
GAMEVIL will be holding an online pre-registration event for players. If you register you will receive a limited-time avatar (Berserker or Cat Acrobat) and a special item for your character.
Kritika: Chaos Unleashed will be available on the App Store later this month.
Exceptional roguelike-inspired action-RPG Wayward Souls has been significantly updated.
The game now offers a new dungeon in the form of The Labyrinth, offering 20 floors of pain, the conclusion of the stories of the current six characters, plus a new boss. There are a bunch of new hats, a new Super Secret Area, some tweaks to the general game, and all-around fixes to anything else that needed correcting.
As is the way with Rocketcat Games's promised pricing structure, Wayward Souls has gone up in price by $1, increasing to $5.99. There'll be another price increase to $6.99 when the next update is released soon. Given, there's already some information about the next update, including MFI controller support and at least two new dungeon modes, it's the ideal time to dive into it and snap up Wayward Souls, before it rises in price once again.
Wayward Souls is available now on the App Store, priced at $5.99.
- Fixes for the zoom-in bug for iPad 1 and iOS 5.1.1.
- Control tweaks for iPad devices, you can set movement and swipe sensitivy separately.
- Health potions are no longer awful.
- Automatic screen flipping.
- Map now also shows your floor number.
- Try to charge up a power attack when low on energy will no longer prevent you from moving.
- You no longer get an energy regeneration bonus for charging up a power attack.
- Hats stay on your head instead of unequipping.
- Match Hat Color moved to the hatbox menu instead of options.
- A bunch of new hats.
- REPEAT STORY: ON/OFF toggle in options menu.
- Gauranteed rare chest after each boss.
- Chests can now be destroyed after being opened, to prevent weird situations where you could get stuck.
- Some fixes to level generation in the first three dungeons.
- Increased gold drop rate in the third and fourth dungeons.
- Rare chests now drop normal hats if you run out of rare hats to find.
- Guard Captains should no longer attack you immediately when they take damage.
- Flame traps should be a bit more forgiving now.
- Tapping during the retry/victory epitaphs now skips the text much faster.
- Reflection damage buffed to triple of what it was.
- Super Secret Area, will YOU survive its enigmatic horrors?
- Various other minor tweaks and fixes.
- Lots of character balance changes, with more coming in Update 2. For more details, check out this address:
Second update plans:
- MFI Controller support
- Further character tweaks, especially to Rogue
- New Cheevos (achievements for the layman)
- At least two new dungeon modes, including Endless
- Saint Statue revamp, including a bugfix to make them actually appear on random floors.
- Boss healthbars
- Looking into some sort of save syncing, not necessarily iCloud
- Other stuff we didn't get to do in the first update
One of the more surprising iOS surprises to come out of E3 last week was the seemingly out of nowhere online action RPG Soul Guardians: Age of Midgard.
I've seen my fair share of action RPGs on the App Store before, but Soul Guardians displays a cool mix of colorful style and ridiculously over-the-top attack animations that really stand out. You'll be able to collect monster cards, which can then be used as upgradeable special attacks. Seriously, there's a ton of action to shove in your face, and you'll be able to share it all with your friends or random strangers through online co-op.
Soul Guardians: Age of Midgard should be coming to the App Store within the next couple of weeks for free.
Rocketcat Games joined our Twitch channel late last week to stream Wayward Souls with us. For the first time, see the first boss of the game defeated, and see large chunks of the second area of the game, the Tower, with a couple of the game's characters. The game releases on April 24.
We've shared YouTube videos of some of the highlights, along with a recap of the entire stream, containing information on the process of the game's development and what players can expect when it releases.
See the first area of the game defeated with Renee the Rogue:
Renee the Rogue running through the Tower, the second area of the game:
As well, Blythe the Warrior makes a lengthy run through the Tower, but can it be successful? As well, check out some of Wayward Souls' hats that will be available, including some of the early adopter hats: