At GDC I had a very quick chance to try out a new zombie (yes, another zombie game) game from Bulkypix called Undead: The Last Refuge. This one is, honestly, very similar to Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies. It’s a very fast FPS that really shows off what the iPhone 3GS can do. The framerate is as good if not better than CoD. The movement and animation is very fluid and quick as you can see in the demo below.
Later in the video you see 32 zombies on the screen at the same time. CoD maxed out at 9 if I remember correctly. Very impressive.
We’ll have to wait for the game to drop before we can see if it’s a really good game. I only had a chance to play a partial level and honestly had pick my chin up off the floor, I was that impressed with the 3D engine they are using. The game should launch by the end of the month for $2.99.
Hit the jump for the full marketing text about the game and a feature list.
Description: The coming of the Apocalypse had been announced for centuries, so we were not to know that it was so close. The dead have risen from the ground and destroyed everything in their path.
You have managed to survive until now, but you are alone and cut off… How long will you be able to survive?
- Experience fear and stress in a battle for your survival.
- Enjoy being in an entirely 3D-modelled environment with impressive graphics.
- Take on the hordes of dozens of zombies coming to drink your blood. A totally new scenario for the iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Let your weapons do the talking as you drive back your assailants.
- Use OpenFeint to survive and achieve success. Beat the highest scores to become world number one.
- Challenge your friends on Facebook or Twitter by posting your highest scores.
Tagged with: action, Bulkypix, FPS, game, Zombie