Qube Kingdom is a tower defense game from DeNA. You rally your troops – magicians, archers, knights, barbarians, and others – and fight against an evil menace looking to dominate your kingdom of tiny squares.
Planning a war isn’t easy, so here are a few tips to help you take apart your enemies.
Want to know what we thought of all this qube carnage? Take a look at our Qube Kingdom review!
- Remember: some fighters have elemental affinities. Certain classes of Questors have an elemental type, which is indicated by a symbol on their profile. There are three affinities: Magic, Metal, and Nature. Magic bests Metal, Metal bests Nature, and Nature bests Magic. Enemies likewise take and deal more damage according to their affinities; if a particular enemy has an affinity, you’ll see a small icon pop-up beside them as they take damage. Remember, neutral Questors like knights and archers can’t deal element-based damage – but neither are they penalized by elemental attacks.
- Make friends and accept friend requests for powerful allies. The “qlubhouse” (the blue-and-white tent beside your “barraqs”) is where you can recruit allies, including Facebook friends that are already playing the game. Allies can be a valuable way to get automatic access to powerful Questors, and they’re also the best way to get social qubes. Social qubes can be used to recruit new Questors, and you get a few every time you complete a battle with the aid of another player’s Questor. If you register a Questor as a friend, you get more social qubes every time they help out.
- Take advantage of each battle’s slow start to learn the lay of the land. Enemy waves intensify the longer a battle goes on. Take advantage of slow early waves by getting a feel for the layout. Where are your Questors most effective? What kind of enemies are being thrown at you? Are there any quobelisk traps you can trigger to your advantage?
- Place long-range attackers first. Long-range attackers are out of harm’s way – at least until other archers and/or magic users come onto the field. Enemy waves usually start with melee attackers, so soften things up a bit by putting long-range attackers onto the battlefield.
- Don’t activate red quobelisks! Quobelisks – block-shaped switches on the battlefield – are triggered when a certain number of enemies are killed nearby. Red quobelisks will damage your party members if they’re activated, so keep your Questors as far from them as possible.
- Do take advantage of other quobelisks, however. Don’t steer away from quobelisks of other colors, though; they’re very beneficial. For instance, blue quobelisks activate roadblocks that re-route your enemies or block their path. Yellow quobelisks activate a fire trap that can clear a crowd of enemies in a second.
- Upgrade your Questors during battle, but don’t go crazy too early. You can spend cubes to upgrade your Questors during a fight. However, during the early stages of a battle you should spend your resources on covering the field with Questors. Once everyone is placed you can focus on upgrades to your fighters’ hit points and attack strength.
Surviving the Onslaught
- Upgrade your Questors as soon as you have the resources to do so. The blue qubes you earn after successful battles lets you permanently make your Questors stronger. Access their profiles while they’re camping, and select “upgrade.”
- Check the award boards for valuable rewards. Woo hoo! Free stuff! Earning achievements unlocks rare qubes and other rewards. Make sure to visit the bulletin board from time to time. They’re just south of your barraqs. Unclaimed rewards vanish after a few days, so don’t forget about them.
- Stuck? Do some level grinding. Even if you lack elite qubes to summon rarer, more powerful Questors, your common Questors can still be made more powerful by upgrading them. Doing so requires blue qubes, which can be won in battle. If you’re having trouble with a level, re-visit old levels and grind for blue qubes.
Released: 2014-08-14 :: Category: Games
Tagged with: dena, free, guide, qube kingdom, quick tips, strategy, strategy guide, Tips, tips & tricks, Tips and Tricks, tower defense