Just downloaded Micromon and not sure where to begin? Here’s a helping hand in the form of a selection of tips and tricks to get you started.
Elementary, my dear Micromon
- It’s a concept that those used to other RPGs or Pokemon will know by heart, and it makes the difference in battle. Every element has its own strength and weakness. Besides the common/normal type of monster that is pretty neutral to everything, the other four each have pros and cons. Playing to their strengths is vital to success.
- Fire is weak against water, but it’s strong against wind based monsters.
- Water is weak against wind, but it’s strong against fire.
- Wind is weak against fire, but strong versus water.
- Mineral (or earth type) is weak against water, but strong against wind.
- It’s a simple mantra but one that you really need to remember if you want to succeed. It makes such a huge difference to whether you win easily or struggle greatly.
Grinding it out
- You’d be wise to regularly fight it out with other foes. It’s more fun that way, but it also means you can gain new Micromon as well as level-up your team.
- The grass is where most of the action is. Look out for sleepy looking Zs floating upwards. That means you can surprise the sleeping Micromon, easily giving you the upper hand.
- Get out the grass quickly though, if you don’t want another attack on your hands.
- Odds are you’re going to want to catch ‘em all, but if you just want to complete your database, you can simply witness a Micromon to get that all important entry.
- Capturing a Micromon is a matter of getting their HP as low as possible beforehand. You only get three shots at this, so plan well.
- Save your super chips for super rare or ultra rare catches for maximum efficiency.
- Don’t bother with Micromon that have low development rates. They’re never going to get to be anything exceptional so you’re just wasting your time with them.
- Similarly, bear in mind that store bought eggs always produce better Micromon than the wild varieties. They develop more quickly and are stronger on the whole.
Battling it out
The Cardinal Rule
Posted in: Blog
Tagged with: guide, Micromon, strategy, Tips, tricks, walkthrough