Supercell’s latest game, Brawl Stars, recently soft launched in Canada, giving fans a first look at the upcoming mobile shooter. Now we’re getting a behind-the-scenes perspective from the developers themselves, as Supercell’s just wrapped up a hugely popular Reddit AMA. Here are the five most exciting things we learned.
- Supercell may make trophy-exclusive skins and other goodies for free-to-play players.
The team told Redditors:We've been chatting about free skins, or perhaps skins earned by trophy-level. There's currently no plan to give out free gems, but it's not a final decision. It's something we're reevaluating and discussing all the time as a team.
- The team plans to continue adding new brawlers and game modes post-launch.
- Supercell is working to improve the Chip monetization system. Supercell explained:
We actually had a long meeting yesterday about the Chip/Elixir/Brawl Box. The guiding focus in creating the system was to release Brawlers at a rate that wasn't too fast. Otherwise new players might get overwhelmed very quickly.
In the midgame we still want the Brawl Boxes to feel great. We think it will improve naturally as more Brawlers are released, but there's more we can do to improve this as well. Overall, we're aware that it needs improving and there will definitely be some tweaks coming!
- Brawl Stars was originally space themed, and has been in development for 1.5 years.
- Matchmaking is based on the trophies of the Brawler you're currently using. However, there are some exceptions:
This is in all cases except for players with less than 100 total trophies. In these cases there's a bit of extra math which prevents high-level players from matching with brand new players.
You can read the AMA in full over on Reddit.
Are you excited to see the proposed changes coming toBrawl Stars? Let us know in the comments.