All Posts By Nadia Oxford
Want to know what we liked (and didn’t like) about all this fantasy fighting? Check out our Mark of the Dragon review!
Mark of the Dragon from Gamevil is a strategy/battle game that plays similarly to Clash of Clans. There’s one twist, however: you can breed dragons and raise them to be rideable war machines. Not surprisingly, this small gameplay tweak is pretty cool.
But fighting isn’t easy – even when you’re commanding things from the back of a giant lizard. Here are some tips and tricks to help you succeed in the dragon war.
Keep the Home Base Safe and Stocked
- Guard your eggs – Dragon eggs are arguably your most valuable resource in Mark of the Dragon. They take time and effort to breed and hatch, and the resulting offspring forms the backbone of your assault force. Other players can steal eggs during a raid, so defend them accordingly. Build walls around your nest, and put weapons nearby.
- Upgrade your resource depots ASAP – Upgrading the most important structures in your base, like your headquarters, requires a lot of resources – more than you can hold when you first begin playing the game. It’s extremely important to upgrade your resource depots whenever possible so you can amass the iron and wood necessary for major building projects.
- Raids provide tons of resources – Low on wood or iron? Mark of the Dragon’s single-player campaign provides opportunities to score tons of resources. Get out there!
Want to know how we felt about spreading all these ghostly heebie-jeebies? Check out our Haunt the House: Terrortown review!
Haunt the House: Terrortown is a supremely cute action/puzzle game that’s all about a ghost on a quest to shut some humans up. Permanently. Players take control of a little ghost that makes itself as scary as possible in order to drive away the loud and obnoxious folks that are partying near its clock tower. Humans are sometimes a bit too stupid to realize when they’re being haunted, so this guide will help players clear the area of all objectionable presences as quickly as possible.
- Use small taps to dart from place to place – Learning to control your ghost is vital for a haunting job well done. If you’re restricting yourself to a single area, use small taps to move from place to place. That way you can explore your surroundings calmly and efficiently.
- Hold down to zip from scene to scene – On the other hand, if you’re wanting to travel from one scenario to another lickety-split, hold down on the screen to barrel through an area at top speed.
- Possess a bell in the clock tower to change your ghost’s appearance – Once a person is dead, they take up residence in one of the tower’s bells. Your ghost can possess these bells to take on the inhabitant’s visage.
Want to know all about how impressed we were with Radiator Springs? Check out our Cars: Fast as Lightning review!
Cars: Fast as Lightning is a cute and fun app that combines racing and town-building with the charisma and marketability of Disney Pixar’s Cars franchise. It’s a friendly game, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use a few tips to help you make Radiator Springs shine again.
- Complete quests to earn rewards – Quests queue up on the left side of the screen when you’re not racing. Quests offer rewards like experience and coins, and they’re a good way to get back on track if you’ve been meandering from task to task.
- Pay attention to the difficulty meter before you race – Each car you engage in a race has a difficulty measuring from one to four. Make sure to race within your rank if you don’t want to waste gas on a loss.
- Place attractions on the track to earn more experience with races – Don’t neglect putting attractions on race tracks. They earn you a bit of extra experience with every race, plus they make the joint look classy.
Angry Birds Transformers recently transformed and rolled out worldwide. This run-and-gun title is a hit with young Transformers fans, but the ample references to classic Transformers fandom has also earned it a place in the hearts of long-time admirers of Optimus Prime. Nick Harper (Game Director for Exient Entertainment) and Mika Rahko (Executive Producer for Rovio) kindly took a few minutes to talk to 148Apps about the problems and inspirations that came to them while cross-breeding birds and robots.
Continue reading Interview With the Angry Birds Transformers Team »
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It’s the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, both of which hit North America on September 19.
As might be expected by this point, the iPhone 6 is an expensive chunk of technology. You need to talk to it softly, pat it gently, and reassure it as necessary. Here are six tips for taking good care of your new friend.
Also included: Blatant suggestions on what not to do with your phone, regardless of whatever that “fwd: fwd: fwd: READ THIS APPLE FANS!!!” email suggests.
How to Clean your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus
DO: Use a soft, dry cloth. Like most open-face electronics, the iPhone 6 collects fingerprints as efficiently as a 12-year-old collects Pokemon.
DON’T: Use a scouring pad. Or a rock. Or your cat’s fur. Do not spit on your screen and rub it in your shirt. Do not hand your iPhone to your child, for handing anything to a child is the exact opposite of cleaning it.
How to Charge your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus
DO: Use the provided Lightning cable. Plug it into a USB port, or use the prong extension to plug it into a wall socket. Proceed to twiddle your thumbs for the next hour or so.
DON’T: Use your microwave. Not unless you want to risk killing yourself in an inexplicable quest to own a stinking, molten chunk of plastic, aluminium, and circuitry. Seriously folks, just because a press release is written in Myriad typeface doesn’t mean you should do what it says.
How to carry your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus
DO: Purchase a protective case for your device; preferably an amusing retro tribute that resembles a Game Boy or an NES control pad. Keep your iPhone in a bag or purse pocket that’s separate from coins, keys, and gremlins.
DON’T: Stick your iPhone 6 in your back pocket, as aluminum and bum-heat don’t mix favorably (the validity of this rumor has yet to be debunked or verified by Snopes, but when is it ever a good idea to keep electronics in your back pocket, anyway? Hint: Never).
How to share your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus
DO: Be generous about letting your friends examine your iPhone 6. Understand their need to do so; touching an object is the most primal way of memorizing its texture, shape, and curves. You should probably stop any attempts to sniff or taste the iPhone, however.
DON’T: Hiss and rear back when your friends reach for your iPhone. Or, if you must do so, at least try and prevent your eyes from flashing yellow and constricting into cat-like slits.
ALSO DON’T: Hand your iPhone 6 to your child. We’ve already discussed why.
How to eat with your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus
DO: Sit your iPhone up at the table, put a bib on it, and offer it a scone.
DON’T: Smear peanut butter between two phones and take a bite.
How to properly show off your iPhone or 6 Plus
DO: Lift up your phone slowly and carefully while humming the “Sunrise” theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Before presentation, review your position with the Earth’s sun so that its rays may catch and glint off the sexy aluminum backing.
DON’T: Drop the bloody thing.
How did we rank on Kitty Powers’ scale of success? Check out our Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker review to find out!
Finding your own true love is never easy, let alone finding it for other people. Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker makes matchmaking fun, though. You get to send couples out on dates, coach them through small talk, and mark them with Cupid’s arrow – sometimes literally. If everything goes well, you’ll get a wedding invite. If things go badly – well, there are other fishies in the sea, right?
Here are a few tips that will help you help others get lucky in love.
- When you unlock the salon, tap on the question mark to get Kitty’s opinion on outfits, etc – Once you learn a bit about the art of matchmaking, you unlock the salon. Here you can change your clients’ clothes, hairstyle, and other features to make them more desirable. Tap the question mark block to get Kitty to tell you what personality types are attracted to a particular set of clothing or a certain hairstyle.
- Use profile tabs to shuffle between general info, likes, and personality – When a lovelorn client shows up on your doorstep, make sure to read their profile thoroughly. That means combing through all the tabs on file: their general information, what they like, and their personality traits.
- As you level-up, you learn more about clients’ personalities – Occasionally, leveling-up rewards you with the ability to perceive clients’ personality traits. In other words, the more you play, the easier it becomes to match up lovebirds.