Welcome to AppTutor “appetizer” - Addition Word Problems. This app actually TEACHES math! Not just another quiz or worksheet app, this app shows how AppTutor teaches and interacts with students to truly grasp the subject at hand. Includes lessons, tools, printable worksheets and more! Great for grades K thru 3. Our “appetizer” apps are a great sampler of our AppTutor line.
- Full app is included - No in-app upgrades
- No advertising – other than more info on the full AppTutor line
- One purchase and you can load on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Addition Word Problems Overview – This app teaches the foundation for addition word problems using a wide variety of strategies. The app contains one full chapter of animated lessons teaching how to work out word problems in addition. After mastering the skills, move to the Sandbox which creatively interacts with the student to practice wide variety of word problems. Read the text or tap the teacher icon to have the question read to you. Drag objects into the Sandbox to illustrate the word problems and see it come to life. Students can be sure to have the right answer by checking the items in the Sandbox. This is a great tool for both teaching and learning.
***** Great for use in classroom or tutoring environments *****
- One skill-based animated Learn Lesson video which utilizes both visual and auditory learning styles to reinforce comprehension. Specific K thru 2 Common Core skills are introduced in this Word Problems lesson.
- One fun, interactive Try Module to practice & reinforce Common Core skills presented in the Learn Lesson utilizing a kinesthetic learning style to master a variety of word problems.
Additional AppTutor AWP features:
- Full functionality in iPad, iPhone and iPod devices
- Supports three named students plus a guest user
- Design fully supports the Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSSI).
- One-click detailed audio instruction available throughout
- Always available Scratch Pad encourages counting, creative reasoning and provides additional problem solving work space
- Hint Sheet for handy reference, emailing and printing
- Multi pages of targeted-skills Worksheets covering over hundreds of unique questions for extra practice with correct answer key
- June 17, 2015 Initial release