* Easily add, control and remove your Smart Home devices.
* Automate a series of actions with Routines.
* Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
A NEW WAY TO USE INTEGRATED DEVICES
The updated Alexa App Smart Home section lets you view the state and control your smart lights, locks and thermostats. When you are on-the go, use the app to quickly check the status of your lock or turn off your lights. You can also navigate to the device’s settings page to rename the device or disable it. The new Multi-Room Music section allows users to designate a group for devices on the same Wi-Fi network. Once created, group names can be used to control music playback. The new Routines section allows users to automate a series of Smart Home and audio actions with one custom command. The new capabilities are available to customers with iPhones on iOS 9.0 or later.
CONNECT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
With the Alexa App, you can call and message Amazon Echo device owners and anyone else with the Alexa App on their phones. When you’re away from home, use the app to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo. Use Drop In to instantly connect with your devices for a call. For example, you can drop in to let the family know it’s time for dinner or check in on the baby’s nursery.
ALWAYS READY, CONNECTED, AND FAST
For Alexa device owners, the free Amazon Alexa App is a companion to your Alexa device for setup, remote control, and enhanced features. Alexa is always ready to play your favorite music, provide weather and news updates, answer questions, create lists, and much more. Alexa's brain is in the cloud, so she continually learns and adds more functionality over time. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
HOW IT WORKS
Interactions with devices with Alexa are automatically mirrored visually on your Amazon Alexa App, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more -- wherever you are.
FAST WI-FI and EASY SET UP
Connect to your home's Wi-Fi network using the free Amazon Alexa App, with its simple guided setup. Now you can stream all of your music, listen to radio stations, and have access to news and information, all by voice -- or with the Amazon Alexa App's intuitive interface.
Communications features like calling and messaging are only available in the United States, Great Britain, Germany, and Austria
- December 12, 2014 Initial release
- December 16, 2014 New version 1.3.6
- March 05, 2015 New version 1.4.26
- June 21, 2015 New version 1.5.40
- July 31, 2015 New version 1.6.24
- August 21, 2015 New version 1.7.3
- October 06, 2015 New version 1.7.39
- November 24, 2015 New version 1.8.3
- December 12, 2015 New version 1.9.8
- January 06, 2016 New version 1.9.19
- February 19, 2016 New version 1.9.36
- March 13, 2016 New version 1.10.4
- July 03, 2016 New version 1.13.9
- July 19, 2016 New version 1.13.13
- November 06, 2016 New version 1.16.33
- November 08, 2016 New version 1.16.39
- May 14, 2017 New version 2.0.2448
- June 18, 2017 New version 2.0.2511
- July 13, 2017 New version 2.1.30
- November 24, 2017 New version 2.2.464.1
- November 30, 2017 New version 2.2.539.13