General fixes and stability improvements.
A world of learning and fun, made just for kids
We created YouTube Kids to make it safer and simpler for kids to explore the world through online video – from their favorite shows and music to learning how to build a model volcano (or make slime ;-), and everything in between. There’s also a whole suite of parental controls, so you can tailor the experience to your family’s needs.
A safer online experience for kids
We use a mix of filters, user feedback and human reviewers to keep the videos in YouTube Kids family friendly. But no system is perfect and inappropriate videos can slip through, so we’re constantly working to improve our safeguards and offer more features to help parents create the right experience for their families.
Get the scoop on all the control features available to you:
Create up to eight kid profiles, each with their own viewing preferences, video recommendations, and settings.
Select collections of channels on a variety of subjects by trusted partners and YouTube Kids.
PARENT APPROVED CONTENT:
Make sure you’re in control of what your kids watch and handpick the videos, channels, and collections of channels they can see.
As your little ones grow and develop you have the option to open up new content appropriate for 8-12 year olds. Simply enable this option when creating a new profile or update an already existing one. This setting allows kids to watch popular music and gaming videos from creators like Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Rosanna Pansino, Roman Atwood, Dan TDM, GloZell, Kurt Hugo Schneider, Dude Perfect, Brooklyn & Bailey, Minecraft, and many more.
We work hard to make videos in the app family friendly, but no system is perfect. It’s always possible that you may find something you don’t want your child to watch. These videos may contain some explicit language and imagery, violence and suggestive content.
The “Younger” version includes videos from Thomas the Tank Engine, Dreamworks TV, Talking Tom, The Little Bus Tayo, Angry Birds, Monster High, DC Kids, and many more. With a wide selection of sing-alongs and age appropriate learning videos, this experience is perfect for preschool to school aged little ones.
We work hard to make videos in the app family friendly, but no system is perfect. It’s always possible that you may find something you don’t want your child to watch.
Find a video or channel you don’t want your kid to watch? Block it to automatically remove it from all of your kids’ profiles.
Alert us immediately by reporting videos that shouldn’t be in the app. The video will be sent to us for fast review.
Turn search on so kids can access more videos. Turn search off for a more contained experience by limiting the experience to channels that have been verified by YouTube Kids.
Set up a timer to put limits on how long your kids can play with the app.
Keep tabs on what your kids are watching in the app.
WATCH ON TV:
Gather your family and enjoy YouTube Kids on select TVs
For more information, visit kids.youtube.com.
Other important information:
Parental setup is needed to ensure the best experience possible for your kid.
YouTube Kids contains paid ads in order to offer the app for free. Your kid may also see videos with commercial content from YouTube creators that are not paid ads.
- February 25, 2015 Initial release
- May 01, 2015 New version 1.12
- June 29, 2015 New version 1.21
- September 09, 2015 New version 1.28
- September 14, 2015 New version 1.28.103
- November 11, 2015 New version 1.36
- November 18, 2015 New version 1.36.151
- December 08, 2015 New version 1.40.8
- December 15, 2015 New version 1.40.10
- February 25, 2016 New version 1.49
- March 25, 2016 New version 1.53
- May 26, 2016 New version 1.63.9
- June 14, 2016 New version 1.69.2
- June 30, 2016 New version 1.69.4
- July 14, 2016 New version 1.74.8
- August 31, 2016 New version 1.82.10
- September 02, 2016 New version 1.82.14
- September 20, 2016 New version 1.84.2
- September 29, 2016 New version 1.85.3
- September 29, 2016 New version 1.85.4
- October 25, 2016 New version 1.85.9
- November 07, 2016 New version 1.94.11
- November 28, 2016 New version 1.95.10
- December 05, 2016 New version 1.98.2
- December 09, 2016 New version 1.98.3
- January 26, 2017 New version 2.03.3
- March 28, 2017 New version 2.11.9
- April 05, 2017 New version 2.11.12
- April 19, 2017 New version 2.13.5
- May 08, 2017 New version 2.16.4
- May 31, 2017 New version 2.19.13
- June 20, 2017 New version 2.22.7
- July 14, 2017 New version 2.22.10
- August 27, 2017 New version 2.34.6
- September 14, 2017 New version 2.34.7
- October 02, 2017 New version 2.34.13
- October 06, 2017 New version 2.34.14
- November 04, 2017 New version 3.02.6
- November 09, 2017 New version 3.02.9
- November 29, 2017 New version 3.02.11
- December 05, 2017 New version 3.07.5
- December 13, 2017 New version 3.07.12
- January 25, 2018 New version 3.14.9
- January 28, 2018 New version 3.14.10
- February 12, 2018 New version 3.17.1
- March 07, 2018 New version 3.20.4
- March 15, 2018 New version 3.20.6
- March 28, 2018 New version 3.23.3
- April 19, 2018 New version 3.27.2
- April 25, 2018 New version 3.27.8
- May 10, 2018 New version 3.27.9
- May 29, 2018 New version 3.31.7
- September 13, 2018 New version 3.47.5
- October 11, 2018 New version 3.53.6
- October 30, 2018 New version 3.56.1
- November 28, 2018 New version 3.63.4
- December 01, 2018 New version 3.63.6