* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Classroom is a free service for schools, non-profits, and anyone with a personal Google account. Classroom makes it easy for learners and instructors to connect—inside and outside of schools. Classroom saves time and paper, and makes it easy to create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organized.
Classroom is designed to help teachers create, collect, and grade assignments paperlessly, including time-saving features like the ability to automatically make a copy of a Google Document for each student. It also creates Drive folders for each assignment and for each student to help keep everyone organized.
Students can keep track of what’s due on the Assignments page and begin working with just a click. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn't completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback and grades right in Classroom.
With the mobile app for iOS, students and teachers can view their classes and communicate with their classmates in real time. Students can open their assignments and work on them right from their iPhone or iPad. Teachers can keep track of who has turned in work and grade the assignment - at school or on the go. Students and teachers receive notifications when they have new content in Classroom, so they are always up to date.
There are many benefits of using Classroom:
Easy to set up
Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review, and grade assignments quickly, all in one place.
Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials (e.g., documents, photos, and videos) are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
Affordable and secure
Like the rest of G Suite for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free.
Camera: Needed to allow the user to take photos or videos and post them to Classroom.
Microphone: Needed to enable audio capture for recording videos to be posted to Classroom.
Photos: Needed to allow the user to attach photos or videos to Classroom. Photos or videos posted to Classroom will be stored on Google servers in order to show them in Classroom.
- January 15, 2015 Initial release
- January 21, 2015 New version 1.3.2
- February 27, 2015 New version 1.3.3
- March 18, 2015 New version 1.3.4
- May 07, 2015 New version 1.4.1
- May 18, 2015 New version 1.4.2
- July 15, 2015 New version 1.5.0
- August 25, 2015 New version 1.6.0
- September 23, 2015 New version 1.6.1
- October 01, 2015 New version 1.6.2
- November 30, 2015 New version 1.7.0
- February 01, 2016 New version 1.7.1
- February 24, 2016 New version 1.7.2
- March 01, 2016 New version 1.7.3
- July 07, 2016 New version 2.2016.22203
- July 14, 2016 New version 2.2016.26202
- July 17, 2016 New version 2.2016.26205
- August 17, 2016 New version 2.2016.31703
- August 31, 2016 New version 2.2016.34106
- October 05, 2016 New version 2.2016.39204
- October 15, 2016 New version 2.2016.39207
- November 09, 2016 New version 2.2016.44207
- December 07, 2016 New version 2.2016.48201
- January 11, 2017 New version 2.2017.01204
- February 16, 2017 New version 2.2017.06207
- August 10, 2017 New version 2.2017.30203
- August 24, 2017 New version 2.2017.33200
- September 25, 2017 New version 2.2017.37203
- October 18, 2017 New version 2.2017.41203
- November 15, 2017 New version 2.2017.45200
- December 13, 2017 New version 2.2017.49201
- January 09, 2018 New version 2.2018.01201
- February 06, 2018 New version 2.2018.05202
- March 07, 2018 New version 2.2018.09203
- April 13, 2018 New version 2.2018.13202
- May 02, 2018 New version 2.2018.17203