More iOS9 adjustments. If you experience a bug, please contact our support.
The web search didn't work in iOS9 - fixed.
PECS IV+ is the solution for transitioning from PECS® to high-tech AAC. For learners who have mastered Phases I through IV of the Picture Exchange Communication System® using traditional PECS books, PECS IV+ is the high-tech next step! From Pyramid Educational Consultants, the developers of the evidence-based and world-renowned PECS®, PECS IV+ allows users to construct a multi-picture Sentence Strip™ via a dedicated Sentence Starter™ page and up to 20 digital PECS book pages for the in-app voice to speak.
Features of PECS IV+:
• Looks like a traditional PECS book with colored, tabbed pages with VELCRO® strips and a Sentence Strip so you can create a PECS IV+ book that looks identical to your student’s PECS book
• Drag and drop pictures from the tabbed pages to the Sentence Strip just like with a traditional PECS book
• Switch between pages by scrolling between and tapping on different tabs
• Rearrange pictures on the Sentence Strip without having to delete pictures
• Clear Sentence Strips with a single button push or clear individual pictures by swiping them back to the book
• Includes over 1,000 Pics for PECS images
• Integrated features from the PECS protocol such as constant time delay for the in-app voice
Customize each book:
• Open or close the dedicated Sentence Starter page with a single touch
• Create 1-20 tabbed pages
• Up to 24 pictures per page
• Customize each page by number of VELCRO® strips, color, category icon, and/or number of pictures on each page
• Use any of our included Pics for PECS images or add images from your photo library and the web
• Change text on pictures
• Put text on top or bottom of pictures, or remove text from pictures
• Change size of pictures
• Search function for the Pics for PECS library included
• Use included customizable synthesized speech (AVSpeechSynthesizer) or record your own speech
• Incorporate the research-based constant time delay for ‘reading’ the Sentence Strip to create opportunities for the student to speak
Select from included profiles or create new profiles to customize:
• How pictures are moved: tap, drag or both
• How to clear (reset) the Sentence Strip
• Visibility of Sentence Starter page
• Reading Sentence Strip left to right or right to left
• When to read the Sentence Strip: as each picture is selected or with a single tap of the “Speak” button after the Sentence Strip is completed
Track student’s usage:
• Day by day list of Sentence Strips constructed by the student
• Weekly and monthly analysis of most frequently-used pictures
Pyramid Educational Consultants does not recommend starting functional communication training with an app or a speech generating device because these high-tech options do NOT require the social interaction that is crucial to communication and is the cornerstone of the Picture Exchange Communication System. Functional communication training should begin with a traditional PECS Communication Book. Research has shown that most learners can learn Phases I through IV of the low-tech PECS Communication protocol within 3- to 9-months.
Go to www.pecs.com for more information about PECS.
To view the PECS IV+ demo video or for more information about PECS IV+ visit www.pecs.com/PECSIV.
- October 10, 2014 Initial release
- March 08, 2015 New version 1.0.7
- March 08, 2015 Price decrease: $99.99 -> $69.99
- March 26, 2015 Price increase: $69.99 -> $99.99
- April 15, 2015 Price decrease: $99.99 -> $89.99
- May 03, 2015 Price increase: $89.99 -> $99.99
- October 19, 2015 New version 1.0.10
- November 04, 2015 New version 1.0.11
- May 16, 2017 Price decrease: $99.99 -> $84.99