New for iOS 8! Now you can protect your private conversations from the your nosy friends and room mates!
Secret SMS with Touch ID uses the secure Touch ID system available in iOS 8 (Touch ID capable device required). To use, simple enable Touch ID within the app and that's it! Your messages are then protected with your fingerprints! Of course, if you like, you can always use a pattern or the PIN style login screens to access your messages too!
---- FEATURES ----
* Messages are securely encoded
* Touch ID authentication to secure your message
* Your messages are never sent to a server, so your data can never be compromised or intercepted!
* Pattern and PIN style lock screens
* iPhone SMS integration
* Simple and easy to use
---- HOW DOES IT WORK? ----
1. Send a message to anybody in your address book.
2. Your message will be securely encoded so it can not be seen without the app.
3. Your message is sent via a regular SMS or iMessage (depending on your phone configuration), it can not be read in plain text without the app.
4. The recipient can click the secure link (or install the app, if they don't have it yet) to decode the message in complete privacy.
5. If the recipient wishes, he/she can reply using the same secure encoding technology!
---- HOW TO SETUP TOUCH ID ----
1. When you first setup the app, you will be prompted to enable Touch ID. Just press Enable Touch ID, you're all set!
2. If you want, you can enable/disable touch ID at any time by pressing the "Actions" button (top left of the screen), select My Preferences, then Security, then Touch ID Settings. Simple Enable or Disable Touch ID here.
Note: You will NOT see an option for Touch ID if your device does not have a Touch ID sensor, but you will still be able to use the pattern/PIN lock feature.
---- IMPORTANT ----
Note: Your fingerprints or biometric information is NEVER shared with 3rd party developers (like us!), your iPhone keeps this information in a very secure location. If your privacy conscious, you need not fear!
iMessage and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple, Inc. Messages exchanged are charged at your standard carrier rate. Touch ID requires a compatible device, see the Apple website for more information; if your device doesn't have Touch ID, you can still use the Pattern/PIN style security mechanisms.
- October 19, 2014 Initial release