• Support for iOS 9 with Slide Over and Split View
• iPhone support for double-page spreads and bookmarks
Having already established an international reputation for its coverage right across the international narrow gauge scene, with top quality photography and impressive use of colour, Narrow Gauge World has recently undergone a significant update.
The magazine now features much more extensive news coverage, along with feature material that looks beyond the headlines. While the popular broad-brush coverage of the narrow gauge, yesterday and today, remains, the magazine is becoming widely regarded as the standard-bearer for all those involved in, or simply fascinated by, today’s narrow gauge.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
• ByPlace - a feature which can give you free content in certain geographical locations.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- August 04, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- April 27, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- September 25, 2015 New version 9.0.1