IMPORTANT: we did not take away exporting (or any other features) with the last 2.0 update
We have been called some pretty nasty things over the last week after releasing the free 2.0 update. We understand why — a lot of users thought we took away the ability to export reports to CSV and PDF and put it behind a pay wall. For new users, yes, exporting for specific clients or projects is a paid feature. But users who used the app before the update should be able to export exactly like you did before. Our principle was to not force our old users to pay for any feature that they had previously gotten for free (as we mentioned in the release notes).
What confused people is that we removed the export button from the top-right of the reports screen and added a share button next to each client and project in the list. We sincerely apologize for not communicating this change — we thought it was more obvious than it was and we have learned a very big lesson here. We have added the export button back in this update just to make sure everyone is crystal clear about the change.
If you were a user before 2.0, please let us know ([email protected]) if you see anything else that used to be free but now appears to be a paid feature. For those that left a one star review because you thought we were trying to swindle you, please consider revising your review because that false information really hurts our reputation.
We tried to fix the most important bugs and crashers with this update. Please let us know if you run into anything else — [email protected]
- Fixed sync bugs. This was our primary focus. Syncing with the web should be much more reliable now.
- Fixed issues with duplicates and blank timers.
- Fixed a number of issues that caused the app to crash while using it.
- Added clarification about exporting for people who used the app before 2.0.
- A lot of other small fixes.
Hours is the time tracker you will actually use.
"The Perfect iPhone Time Tracking App" - Forbes
"Surprisingly pleasant to use…well-thought-out interface" - TechCrunch
“The world’s easiest way of tracking your time.” - 9to5Mac
Best New Apps - Apple
With a visual timeline, smart reminders, detailed reporting, and an interface crafted by Tapity’s Apple Design Award winning team, Hours turns a tedious process into — dare we say — an enjoyable one.
Time tracking seems like it should be easy…and it would be, if we were all robots. Unfortunately, humans tend to have problems with
1. Forgetting to track your time in the first place
2. Forgetting to note when you change tasks
3. Forgetting to stop a timer after you start one
So Hours lets you:
• Set smart reminders to nag you at just the right times to start and stop your timers
• Start/stop/switch timers with one tap (now even from the home screen with 3D Touch)
• Use the visual timeline to easily identify and correct mistakes
• Set rounding rules to round time to whatever interval you are used to — 6 minutes, 15 minutes, and more
• Quickly see on a calendar view which days you tracked time and which days you forgot
• Track your time by clients, projects, and tasks if you need to
• Add notes to your time entries
• View on-screen reports in the app, or email detailed CSV or PDF reports
New in 2.0:
• Sync your time with Hours on the web, where you can track time from your desktop and view beautiful reports
• Access your timers from the web, the Apple Watch App, the iPhone lock screen with the Notification Center widget, or from the home screen with the 3D touch shortcut
• Now your whole team can use Hours to track, report, and analyze time
See it in action at: http://www.hourstimetracking.com
Please email us if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the app: [email protected]
The Hours Pro subscription, which provides additional reporting options, costs $7.99 per month. The subscription will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account and will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Though your subscription for the current month cannot be canceled, you can turn auto-renewal off in your account settings after purchase. See instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Terms of Service: https://hourstimetracking.com/terms-of-service/
- July 25, 2014 Initial release
- August 01, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- August 12, 2014 New version 1.0.1
- August 19, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $7.99
- September 10, 2014 Price increase: $7.99 -> $9.99
- September 11, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $7.99
- September 18, 2014 New version 1.1.1
- September 18, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- October 03, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- October 12, 2014 New version 1.1.3
- November 10, 2014 New version 1.1.4
- November 22, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $7.99
- December 12, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- January 27, 2015 New version 1.1.5
- January 28, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- January 29, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- February 06, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- February 15, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- April 16, 2015 New version 1.2.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.5
- April 27, 2015 Price decrease: $6.99 -> FREE!
- May 19, 2015 New version 1.5.1
- June 06, 2015 New version 1.5.2
- July 16, 2015 New version 1.6
- September 14, 2015 New version 1.6.1
- September 29, 2015 New version 1.6.2
- February 01, 2016 New version 1.6.3
- March 05, 2016 New version 2.0
- March 20, 2016 New version 2.0.1