* Free hardware upgrade: Coin 2.0 is here! Learn about this upgrade and how you can get it
* Make your choice to upgrade to Coin 2.0 in the 1.7 app version
* Coin 2.0 provides early access to NFC-based payments (Tap to Pay) and is EMV-ready
* Access to the much-demanded nicknames feature, once your Coin 2.0 has shipped
* Please note: NFC Early Access and nicknames will be available only for Coin 2.0 device holders
Coin is a connected device that holds and behaves like your cards with a magnetic stripe.
Use the Coin mobile app to provide key information that we need in order to ship your Coin and to manage the original plastic cards (credit, debit, gift, membership, loyalty and more) that you use with the Coin device.
Coin takes security very seriously and includes features to prevent fraud and to protect your card data:
• Lock & Find protects card data on your Coin by automatically locking it when not in use. When Coin is near your phone, it will automatically unlock. If Coin is being used standalone, it will require a Tap Code to unlock. The mobile app also keeps track of your Coin’s last known location in case it is lost or stolen.
• In order to prevent fraud, the mobile app will guide you through a simple identity verification process that you must complete before we will ship your Coin
• To prevent unauthorized use of your credit and debit cards, the mobile app will verify that you own any payment card before you can use them on the Coin device
Please visit our Support Center to learn more about setting up and using Coin at support.onlycoin.com.
- August 28, 2014 Initial release
- September 20, 2014 New version 1.0.1
- October 22, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.1
- November 18, 2014 New version 1.1.1
- December 17, 2014 New version 1.2
- April 15, 2015 New version 1.4.2
- May 07, 2015 New version 1.4.6
- June 05, 2015 New version 1.5
- July 01, 2015 New version 1.5.1
- July 30, 2015 New version 1.6
- August 19, 2015 New version 1.6.1
- August 26, 2015 New version 1.7