Now that iOS 8 has fixed the problem with non-default voices, Crazy Balloons - Sight Words is being updated to take advantage of this.
Enjoy the full features of the app once more!
If you like Crazy Balloons - Sight Words, please leave a review; it helps more than you'd believe.
Be aware also that there are new Crazy Balloons titles on the way. Watch this space!
Want a switch-accessible app that helps teach and reinforce how to speak, read and spell words, all while playing a game? Crazy Balloons Words is an engaging, fun activity that will do just that!
Crazy Balloons Words was designed with input from kids, parents, teachers and therapists as a way for children to learn, and practice recognizing, high-frequency words - all while playing a balloon-popping game that’s easy to learn but also a challenge.
Why Crazy Balloons Words? PKCLsoft creates apps that are affordable, educational, engaging and accessible - because all children deserve to learn and become proficient communicators and readers.
The benefits of playing Crazy Balloons Words include:
• Sight word recognition skills increase
• Increased proficiency and fluency in reading
• Lots of audio processing practice
• Game play requires the player utilize visual scanning and visual discrimination skills
Educators will love being able to read a detailed report on each game a student plays and Crazy Balloons Words is also fully customizable:
• Create your own word lists, and share them via eMail, Messages or Airdrop.
• The app supports iOS 7’s localization features for both language and voices. Create word lists in other languages!
• Set up a profile for each player and tailor the game play to suit each child’s strengths and challenges.
• Easily turn sounds and music on or off.
• Select the speed of play, how many balloons appear on screen and how many questions there are per game.
• Want to focus specifically on sight reading skills? Turn off the audible prompts!
• You can adjust the pitch and speed of the audible prompts used.
• Or make the game more challenging by hiding audible and/or visual cues and turning off hints.
• The game can be played with a compatible switch interface or bluetooth keyboard and switch settings can also be customized.
PKCLsoft takes children’s privacy seriously. Our apps have:
• a parental gate so children cannot access links outside the app
• no ads
• no tools for collecting or analysing user data
• no social media sharing
• no in-app purchases
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps
At PKCLsoft we value your feedback so please email any comments or questions about Crazy Balloons Words to [email protected]
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.3
- September 27, 2014 New version 1.2
- August 18, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- August 01, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 30, 2014 New version 1.1
- July 24, 2014 Initial release