• Increased the resolution of pages you choose to share.
• Added option to log in with your Exact Editions username and password. This replaces the old Shared Access Code approach, though if you have already logged in using a Shared Access Code you won't need to log in again.
• Fixed a problem with push notifications.
• Tweaked icons and artwork.
• Minor bugfixes.
Transition Free Press is the quarterly newspaper which grew out of the Transition Towns movement. We report on those who are helping to create a more sustainable, relocalised and fairer society.
Our focus is on context and solutions. Alongside the basic facts of traditional reporting, we aim to give context, the ability to place the story in a wider perspective, and an understanding of how readers can personally get involved in the solution.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later. (iPad Only)
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
• ByPlace - a feature which can give you free content in certain geographical locations.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
90 Day £2.49
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- August 07, 2014 Initial release
- October 08, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4