We've worked around some issues with RAW in iOS 11.1, and improved the overall stability of the app.
If you're on a beta version of iOS, and you're having issues, please let us know at [email protected] Unfortunately, we can't fix beta issues yet, but we'll make sure it's fixed when we can!
This update includes all the features from 1.5.0, including a completely new UI for iPhone X. All camera controls now sit within thumb’s reach, letting you easily shoot with just one hand. This new design uses every pixel of the new edge-to-edge screen, so nothing obstructs the viewfinder, giving you a uniquely unobstructed look at your subject. Every screen was further polished and designed from scratch for the iPhone X.
Under the hood, we ensured Halide works perfectly with the new cameras on iPhone X. Halide 1.5 captures Depth, letting you apply Portrait effects to your captured photos in the Photos app, and manual focus lets you see the new f/2.4 aperture on the iPhone X telephoto lens in all its glory.
We’ve made several improvements on older iPhones, too, to provide a more ergonomic experience.
“This iOS Camera App Brings Out the Pro in Amateurs”
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools and beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support.*
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including exposure, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Focus peaking requires iPhone 5S or later (5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
Histogram requires iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
- May 31, 2017 Initial release
- May 31, 2017 New version 1.0.1
- June 02, 2017 New version 1.0.2
- June 21, 2017 New version 1.0.3
- July 07, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- August 22, 2017 New version 1.1.0
- August 22, 2017 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 03, 2017 New version 1.5.0
- November 06, 2017 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 08, 2017 New version 1.5.1