- Optimized for iOS 8.3
- Added support for Italian and Portuguese languages
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Penquills is a revolutionary 2-in-1 custom handwriting input method for iPhones, which combines whole word and single character recognition modes depending on the screen orientation.
Penquills can be used as a custom keyboard in any iPhone app. After installing Penquills, go to iPhone Settings->General->Keyboard->Keyboards->Add New Keyboard and select Penquills. After Penquills is enabled, tap on it to Allow Full Access (required for access to User dictionary).
To use single character recognizer, hold your iPhone vertically. The custom keyboard area is divided into 3 sections: characters, numbers and punctuation/special symbols. To enter text, write one character at the time in your preferred handwriting style. A short automatic timeout, which can be configured in Options, allows you to write multi-stroke characters. It is recommended to review supported letter shapes (Options->Letter Shapes) and disable some unused shapes to improve the recognition quality of ambiguous letters (such as f and t or u and v).
Hold your iPhone horizontally, to use the words recognizer. The input area has a single section were you can write one or more words in your preferred handwriting style (script, print, or mixed). As long as the handwriting is legible the recognition quality will be high for words in the dictionary. You can add new words to the user dictionary to improve recognition. The guidelines in the writing area indicate recommended letter size. You can further improve your experience by adjusting Options to match your preferences.
• Advanced multilingual 2-in-1 handwriting recognition supports individual characters and words recognition modes.
• Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
• Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
• Shorthand feature that fills-in frequently used words and phrases once entered into the Shorthand Editor and allows to enter current date and time.
• Built-in calculator.
• Letter shape selector allows users to further improve recognition quality by disabling unused letter shapes.
• Includes simple notetaker app with iCloud support.
Custom Keyboard Languages:
English (US, UK)
Portuguese (BR, EU)
- November 22, 2014 Initial release
- December 12, 2014 New version 1.1
- December 12, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 16, 2014 New version 1.2
- January 01, 2015 New version 1.3
- May 03, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- May 04, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- May 16, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- May 21, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- June 09, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- June 22, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- July 01, 2015 New version 2.0
- July 01, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- July 16, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 02, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- January 02, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 05, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99