Thanks for using Acorns! Just like small contributions to your Acorns account can add up to something big, small improvements make the Acorns app better over time. This update includes minor fixes and enhancements to help make Acorns faster and more reliable for you.
►WELCOME TO MICRO INVESTING◄
Investing was for the wealthy. Now it's for everyone! Acorns helps you save and invest small amounts regularly into your own diversified portfolio. Start with just your spare change and join over 1 million taking steps to improve their future. It only takes minutes!
○ Painlessly invest your spare change into a diversified portfolio of over 7,000 stocks and bonds automatically
○ Easily invest more - with Recurring Investments (daily/weekly/monthly), One-Time Investments, Referrals, and Found Money!
○ Watch your progress – check in on your account from anywhere
○ SPIC insured – up to $500,000 is protected against fraud so your money is secure
○ Stay educated – Gain access to our online personal finance publication, Grow Magazine
○ Withdraw anytime – at no charge.
►WHAT THE WORLD IS SAYING◄
FORBES: “The app makes investing effortless.”
ABC NEWS: “If you set aside just $5 every couple of days you would have set aside $1,000 in a year.”
WIRED: “Acorns simplified the often tedious and complex process of investing.”
US NEWS: “Acorns offers a unique solution to overcoming the metal barrier: ‘I just don’t have enough money to be investing.’”
GOOD MORNING AMERICA: “Painless! It’s like dropping your change into a bowl on your table, like we all do everyday.”
►TRUSTED AND INTELLIGENT◄
○ 256-bit encryption to keep your information safe and secure
○ Automatically rebalances your portfolio – buys low and sells high
○ Automatically re-invests your dividends for you
○ Diversified Portfolio includes hundreds of international companies, corporate and government bonds, and real estate.
Acorns costs $1 per month for accounts investing less than $5,000. After your account grows past $5,000, the fee switches to 0.25% per year (@$5,000 that’s about $1 a month). That’s like 3 semi-fancy cups of coffee (you know you do it) a year, just to invest in your future.
In order for Acorns to invest your spare change from purchases, which is part of why we charge $1 per month, you will need to connect a bank account. Worry not - we've got 256-bit encryption. That's a nerdy way of saying we're as secure as the people you bank with. Now, stop reading and get invested.
This app is operated by Acorns Advisers, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Brokerage services are provided to clients of Acorns by Acorns Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Investments are not FDIC insured and may lose value. Investing involves risk and investments may lose value, including the loss of principal. Please consider your objectives and Acorns fees before investing. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investment outcomes and projections are hypothetical in nature.
Information about FINRA is available at www.finra.org. Explanatory brochures about SIPC insurance are available upon request or at www.sipc.org.
- August 29, 2014 Initial release
- September 03, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- September 16, 2014 New version 1.0.3
- October 09, 2014 New version 1.0.4
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.0.5
- December 04, 2014 New version 1.0.6
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.0.7
- May 12, 2015 New version 1.0.8
- July 03, 2015 New version 1.1.0
- August 08, 2015 New version 1.2
- September 17, 2015 New version 1.3
- September 22, 2015 New version 1.3.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 1.3.2
- October 26, 2015 New version 1.3.3
- November 08, 2015 New version 1.3.4
- November 24, 2015 New version 1.3.5
- December 07, 2015 New version 1.3.6
- December 13, 2015 New version 1.3.7
- February 16, 2016 New version 1.4.0
- February 24, 2016 New version 1.4.1
- March 10, 2016 New version 1.4.2
- March 17, 2016 New version 1.4.3
- March 26, 2016 New version 1.4.4
- July 03, 2016 New version 1.5.4
- July 08, 2016 New version 1.5.6
- August 04, 2016 New version 1.5.7