Thanks for using Acorns! Just like small contributions to your Acorns account can add up to something big, small improvements make the Acorns app better over time. This update includes minor fixes and enhancements to help make Acorns faster and more reliable for you.
Acorns helps you save & invest spare change from your everyday purchases and invest into a diversified portfolio of stocks and bonds. You can easily get started in minutes: anytime, anywhere.
Featured in: TIME, The New York Times, ABC World News Tonight, Forbes, WIRED, Bloomberg, BusinessWeek, USA Today, and The Verge
· Smart Investing ·
Acorns makes it easy to invest regularly while optimizing your investment through diversification and automatic rebalancing. In other words, we give you an automated system to help you follow good principles of investing, like patience and diversification, without having to think about it.
· Bank Level Security ·
Your peace of mind is our highest priority. Acorns protects your information, prevents unauthorized account access, and notifies you of unusual activity.
· Simple Fees ·
Only $1/mo for accounts under $5,000 and just 0.25% per year for accounts $5,000 or more.
- Free for anyone under 24 and students (with .edu address)!
- Deposit & withdraw whenever you like - no additional fees.
- No fees for accounts with a $0 balance.
HOW WE INVEST
· Diversification ·
Instead of trying to pick individual stocks, Acorns diversifies your investment across hundreds of the most widely held U.S. and international companies, corporate bonds, government bonds, and real estate. By answering just a handful of questions about yourself, our proprietary technology can match you with a portfolio that is appropriately diversified for your goals and built to help smooth out the ride as stock prices fluctuate.
· Automatic Rebalancing ·
Acorns automatically rebalances your portfolio to mitigate risk and optimize returns. This means we keep your account in a target mix of stocks and bonds by buying more when they are cheaper and less when they are more expensive. Buy low, sell high.
Download Acorns now for FREE! There are no fees until you decide to invest and you can withdraw your money at any time without penalty.
See what the press has to say:
“The app makes investing effortless” - Forbes 
“If you set aside just $5 every couple of days, you would have set aside over a $1000 in a year.” - ABC World News Tonight 
“You can get started in minutes and use it to create a reasonably well-designed portfolio that allows you to add as little as $5 at a time.” - The New York Times 
"This could prove to be an inexpensive way of introducing young people to the world of investing at ages for which compound interest can become a powerful tool." -Bloomberg Businessweek 
"Young people may not have enough assets to meet the minimum requirements of big financial houses... With Acorns, there are no minimums. There are also none of the commissions that can render investing in small doses prohibitively expensive." -TIME 
This app is operated by Acorns Advisers, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Brokerage services are provided to clients of Acorns by Acorns Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Investments are not FDIC insured and may lose value. Investing involves risk and investments may lose value, including the loss of principal. Please consider your objectives and Acorns fees before investing. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investment outcomes and projections are hypothetical in nature.
Information about FINRA is available at www.finra.org. Explanatory brochures about SIPC insurance are available upon request or at www.sipc.org.
- August 29, 2014 Initial release
- September 03, 2014 New version 1.0.2
- September 16, 2014 New version 1.0.3
- October 09, 2014 New version 1.0.4
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.0.5
- December 04, 2014 New version 1.0.6
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.0.7
- May 12, 2015 New version 1.0.8
- July 03, 2015 New version 1.1.0
- August 08, 2015 New version 1.2
- September 17, 2015 New version 1.3
- September 22, 2015 New version 1.3.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 1.3.2
- October 26, 2015 New version 1.3.3
- November 08, 2015 New version 1.3.4
- November 24, 2015 New version 1.3.5
- December 07, 2015 New version 1.3.6
- December 13, 2015 New version 1.3.7
- February 16, 2016 New version 1.4.0
- February 24, 2016 New version 1.4.1
- March 10, 2016 New version 1.4.2
- March 17, 2016 New version 1.4.3
- March 26, 2016 New version 1.4.4