● Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ahead of the 2012/13 football season a motley collection of disenchanted fans from across the UK, united not by Club loyalty but a growing displeasure with the game they loved got together over the internet to start an old-fashioned, traditional print fanzine.
Taking the European fan culture’s message ‘Against Modern Football’ as a starting point, but relating that back to the British football scene with its increasingly elitist Premier League, outrageous big money deals made with television companies and match ticket prices inflated beyond belief, STAND proved a popular messenger.
Across 5 issues in STAND’s first season, the fanzine grew from a collection of moans and light hearted paeans to the good old days of watching football from the terraces to something more and went on to be voted ‘Fanzine of the Year’ at the 2013 Football Supporter’s Federation Awards.
Now tackling wider issues in the game and seeking to join other critical voices on the state of modern football, STAND is working with bodies such as Supporters Direct and the Football Supporter’s Federation and even MP’s such as Damien Collin’s, who recently tabled the Football Governance Bill in the Houses of Parliament.
With support from respected journalists such as David Conn and Harry Pearson, both interviewed in recent issues and a trusted band of contributors from all parts of the country STAND is still available as a printed entity but has now also made the move to digital.
Subscribe now for bi-monthly issues and access digitally, to the full back catalogue for the first time – many issues having long since sold out in print.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- July 28, 2014 New version 7.6.3
- October 08, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- April 16, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- October 04, 2015 New version 9.0.1
- November 10, 2016 New version 10.0.0
- December 01, 2016 New version 10.0.1