In this release, we’ve made a number of improvements and bug fixes as a direct result of your feedback!
* We’ve brought in even more public radio podcasts to discover via search. Are we still missing a show you love? Tweet at @NPROne or tap the feedback button in the app to let us know.
* The iPhone headphone controls are now fully functional again. In addition toggling play/pause, you can double-click to skip to the next story, double-click and hold to scrub forward, and triple-click to rewind 15 seconds.
* Tapping the ‘follow’ button on certain podcasts will no longer crash the app—sorry about that!
* We improved the stability of our Apple Watch app. For you lucky people who’ve already received your Watch, please let us know what you think of our Watch app by tapping the feedback button on your iPhone.
* We fixed a bug that was resulting in many audio download timeout errors. Thanks to those of you who reported the ‘waterfall’ of timeout errors; we hope you never see that again.
NPR One continues to evolve. Thanks for listening and for supporting public radio.
NPR One is the new audio app that connects you to a stream of public radio news and stories curated for you.
Great storytelling and rigorous reporting that informs, engages, inspires and surprises—from the ends of the earth to your own city or town—available to you whenever, wherever.
It’s public radio made personal.
*A handcrafted experience.*
NPR One starts with the latest headlines then moves to a flow of stories that matter—stories that increase your understanding, create connections, enrich your life and enliven your mind. All thoughtfully curated by hand, every day.
*You’re in control. Or not.*
Just pop in your ear buds, tap your phone and NPR One starts flowing. But now if you want to pause, skip ahead, rewind or share a story with friends, you can do that too. All from a simple app.
Love to listen on the go? Get the most out of NPR One with Apple Watch. Skip, pause, and search at a glance without even touching your phone. The perfect companion for your ears just got better.
*Personal, not prescriptive.*
Though your stream is personalized to deliver the stories you want, you’ll still hear the top news of the day and stories you had no idea would captivate you. Journey around the globe and into the most interesting corners of your community—serendipity making your world bigger and smaller at the same time.
Even with the breadth of public radio at your fingertips, you won’t lose touch at home. Local news is woven seamlessly into your listening experience. Local stories, locally reported, are delivered daily. Community is everything.
- A personalized stream of NPR and local station news and stories
- Skip, rewind, pause and share
- Search for your favorite shows, stations and podcasts
- International, national, regional and local content
- A simple, intuitive interface
It’s simple. It’s intuitive. It’s there for you. (Wherever ‘there’ is.)
As fast as the world is changing the way it listens to public radio, NPR One is changing the way we deliver it. NPR is here to deliver the public radio experience wherever you are. Whenever you can connect.
Here we go. It’s NPR One.
- August 04, 2014 Initial release
- August 27, 2014 New version 1.1.0
- September 18, 2014 New version 1.1.1
- October 14, 2014 New version 1.1.3
- December 15, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- February 03, 2015 New version 1.2.3
- March 17, 2015 New version 1.3.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.4.0
- May 01, 2015 New version 1.4.1
- May 28, 2015 New version 1.4.3