Sponsored by the Children's Tumor Foundation,the NF Conference is the premier annual event in the neurofibromatosis (NF) research and clinical calendar. Since its inception in 1987, this event now attracts well over 300 clinicians and researchers from around the world to present the latest developments in NF research and clinical care. The Conference includes seminars by NF experts, as well as high-profile keynote speakers from related disciplines such as cancer and neuroscience, serving to stimulate thought and build connections between NF and other disorders.
The NF Conference is not intended for, nor is it open to laypersons and the public. The NF Conference is by invitation only to the scientific and clinical community. Blogs and videos from the 2014 NF Conference will be publicly available on the Conference website.
The annual NF Conference is hosted and sponsored by the Children’s Tumor Foundation, a non-profit 501( c) (3) medical foundation dedicated to improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by the neurofibromatosis (NF). The mission of the Children’s Tumor Foundation is to:
• Encourage and support research and the development of treatments and cures for neurofibromatosis types 1 and 2, schwannomatosis, and related disorders (hereafter collectively referred to as "NF");
• Support persons with NF, their families, and caregivers by providing thorough, accurate, current, and readily accessible information;
• Assist in the development of clinical centers, best practices, and other patient support mechanisms (but not including direct medical care) to create better access to quality healthcare for affected individuals; and,
• Expand public awareness of NF to promote earlier and accurate diagnoses by the medical community, increase the non-affected population's understanding of the challenges facing people with NF, and encourage financial and other forms of support from public and private sources.
• Encourage and support research and the development of treatments and cures for neurofibr
- April 30, 2014 Initial release