Many, many improvements that (we think) take Doug to a whole new low.
* Expanded the high score table. Now it always shows you where your last run ranks against your friends' and family's scores, even if you're not in the top 10.
* Solid stone blocks now harbor lots of hidden treasure.
* Monsters now kill Doug only if they strike him at the top of his head. This resolves lots of confusing cases where you die without a clear reason why the monster "won." Trolls are still unkillable except in special circumstances (like you're using the Immortal potion, for example).
* Made it harder to accidentally run underneath a nearby block.
* The special sell blocks—the Jackhammer, Immortal Potion, and Helmet—appear a little more frequently.
* Tuned the pacing to ramp up more gradually at higher levels.
* Adjusted UI placement for newer iPhone screen sizes.
* Trust Fall now appears more reliably.
* Spiders used to occasionally make sudden drop-attacks from above the screen. No longer.
* Made the instruction text at the bottom of the screen slightly more noticeable.
* Made the Immortal potion last a bit longer. It felt a bit miserly before.
* If you use a tool (like a potion or support) while you're touching another tool, you pickup the new tool immediately. Before, you had step away and come back.
* The "Warrior" bonus is now awarded consistently when you kill three or more monsters in a row in quick succession.
* Pickups no longer destroy the Support.
* Kill a dragon when he's (she's?) gulping or breathing fire and he spews out a bonus supply of treasure.
* Ghosts now aim to get above you rather than even with you.
* Trolls pace back and forth more consistently.
Doug is a Dwarf. Doug loves digging. Well, actually he doesn't: what he likes is to find buried treasure. Anyway, one day Doug decided to gather as much treasure from as deep under the earth as he could go. So Doug dug. And he dug. And he fought monsters and avoided massive avalanches of falling rock. And then he dug some more. And he picked up lots of bling.
Now it's your turn. Help Doug dig deep down under the earth in the quest for shimmering jewels and precious gold. Go farther and deeper than any of your friends. Find more gold than anyone in the world. Oh but watch out for colossal cave-ins. No they're really colossal—you won't believe it. And creepy monsters. And bottomless pits. Ah, don't worry it's just a game.
Do you like Spelunky? Dig Dug? Well c'mon you like Minecraft don't you? Well then you'll like this. Plus it's cheaper. And better. Plus your friends are playing it and you don't want to be left out, do you? Or maybe no one is playing it, in which case you'll be the one who introduces all your friends to "Doug dug." Then everyone will say, "Hey look there goes *your name here* who introduced us to 'Doug dug' and who is therefore cooler than the rest of us because he/she discovered it first." One of those two great options are bound to happen.
So what are you waiting for?
Doug dug. Will you?
Visit http://youtu.be/GZazFfw_O7A to see how it plays.
- May 23, 2014 Initial release
- January 14, 2015 New version 1.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.3
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.4.1
- February 04, 2016 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- February 08, 2016 New version 1.5