148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: READ AND RIDE :: Read Our Full Review >>
SXPD is ideal for any comic book fan who wishes they could dive into the pages of a high-speed chase.
- You can now adjust tilt sensitivity and switch to touch-only controls in the main menu and pause menu!
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements!
- You can no longer die in the tutorial!
- Fixed a glitch that caused the Victory screen to appear after dying during Time Trial and Deathchase modes.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Destroyer to sometimes get stuck going in circles while dropping mines.
App DescriptionSXPD: Extreme Pursuit Force is a brand new form of entertainment that blends gaming with digital comic books. This Comic/Game Hybrid allows you to enjoy a full 48 page comic by renowned comic book artist Duke Mighten. Jump right into the action when the story demands it. It is a comic book you can play!
The story revolves around the SXPD, the elite police force consisting of all female officers who enforce the law in the privately owned 52nd state of America; 'New Royale'; a hyper violent and weird scifi world.
Chase the gangs and violent criminals of New Royale, in a tilt powered high speed hover bike pursuit across the dangerous environments of New Royale. Get lured into the sewers, wastelands and industrial zones of the city. And find out if the Rookie can save New Royale from the terrorists threatening it.
'The Rookie' is the first instalment of many episodes and features 6 chapters of comic book storytelling, high adrenalin action, in a game directed by industry legend David Perry (Earthworm Jim, MDK, Gaika).
What the press says:
“just as the action kicks in, you see a panel depicting a first-person view. Swipe, and you dive into the comic book world, without compromise to visual fidelity—there's a beautiful fluidity to be seen as the expressive art style transitions into motion. “
“Dark and violent in nature, SXPD is reminiscent of comic series such as Tank Girl or Heavy Metal, perhaps, and is ideal for anyone who wishes to dive into the world of intense high speed chases, rapid gunfire and earth-shattering explosions.”
“SXPD crackles with energy. It's an assault on the eyes in the best possible way.”
“SXPD is ideal for any comic book fan who wishes they could dive into the pages of a high-speed chase.”
- A full 42 page comic book by Artist Duke Mighten (Judge Dredd, Afro Samurai, Batman)
- 6 chapters of comic book storytelling and super fast bike combat.
- 6 Additional arcade playmodes
- 3D Deathchase tribute challenge, the ZXSpectrum classic remade for SXPD
- Full GameCenter support, with challenges and achievements
July 07, 2014 New version 1.1.1
June 04, 2014 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
May 21, 2014 Initial Release