App DescriptionExclusive on the AppStore! Can you defeat the Ruler of The Tower of Terror?
In this classic interactive Gamebook adventure, you are at the Academy of the Grand Wizard Eleutheria. You have learned a great deal of magic, of the power of reason, and the martial arts. Now you yearn for a challenge.
You have heard stories of the town of Darkblood, to the East, apparently ruled over by a great but very evil Wizard. The idea in your mind becomes more exciting — to journey to Darkblood. You wonder what you will find there...
You leave the hut as the sun rises, and look at the Tower ahead. It is a forbidding structure, and reminds you of a volcano. But you press on, determined, pushing your way... until you reach the foot of the Tower. A stone archway is ahead of you, and beyond that is darkness. You take a torch from the wall. Lighting it, you walk back, through the archway, into the Tower of Terror...
- thrilling interactive story by David Brunskill
- all of the original artwork, lovingly animated
- all new art created exclusively for the interactive version
- atmospheric sound and music effects
- customizable animated dice
- unique finger-swipe combat/dice-roll system
- fully interactive Quest Sheet
- Magic Map keeps automatically tracks your progress
- Bookmarks to save your progress automatically and manually
- supports Dynamic Type (adjustable text size)
- supports VoiceOver (listen to the text)
- GameCenter achievements
- dozens of ways to die!
"Proteus" was published in the late 1980’s as a periodical “complete solo adventure game magazine in which you play the role of the Hero”, originally by IPC Magazine Ltd. and later by Wimborne Publishing. With a focus on Fantasy and Sci-Fi, each magazine’s story provided different rules and options. As stated in the magazine itself: PROTEUS was an ancient Greek God who could change his form to avoid foretelling the future, so you can see our scope for adventures is endless.
This app contains entirely optional In-App purchases not required to play. All of the original gamebook rules are reproduced faithfully without the need for any purchases. Additionally, you can disable In-App purchases entirely in your device settings.
June 12, 2014 Initial Release