Thanks for your interest in our series of 'Math Word Problems!' In this version we have fixed a question error that was noticed by one of our teachers.
This app includes a wide variety of addition and subtraction word problems designed for students to read-along, draw and solve. The format & problems were developed in consultation with the American Common Core and TEKS curriculums.
This app is designed to be used in a classroom or home setting where a teacher or family member is available to work through problems and discuss problem-solving strategies with the student(s). After successfully choosing the answer, the correct equation is briefly shown on the screen in large format to help cement learning. The app tracks the number of questions answered correctly on the first try and reports on this figure at the end of each level.
These problems were designed with the following mathematical standards (primarily Number, operation, and quantitative reasoning) in mind:
-- American Common Core Standards (for Second & Third Grade) --
This app supports the following Common Core Standards - (3.OA.8,3.NBT.2):
• Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity.
• Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
-- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards (for Second & Third Grade) --
This app supports the following TEKS Standards - (18.104.22.168.B):
• Select addition or subtraction and use the operation to solve problems involving whole numbers through 999.
To keep kids motivated, this app includes an optional bonus game for every 10 questions answered correctly. All of these 4 games last no longer than 60 seconds and are meant to serve as a spaced break from the math word problems. The 4 games include the following:
1) Pop the balloons (directed play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
2) Feed the frog (directed play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
3) Draw a picture (open-ended play with a focus on creativity and self-expression)
4) Launch the planes (open-ended play with a focus on hand-eye coordination)
Get in Touch
We love to hear feedback from parents and educators. As well, consider joining our group of app testers and educational authors! Learn more at tapfun.com and/or contact Jordy at [email protected]
- March 05, 2014 Initial release
- March 19, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- March 22, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $3.99
- April 04, 2014 New version 1.1
- August 16, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- August 07, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- August 11, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99