Fixes an issue with Game Centre.
Tank Battle: East Front 1942 gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad. A game of tactical combat on the Russian Front during 1942. Fight as the Germans or the Soviets in a series of ever more complex missions. The game is the second in a series of games that started with Tank Battle: East Front 1941.
1942 was another year of the German armed forces advancing deep into the Soviet Union. This year the main battles were around Leningrad in the Stalingrad in the South. While the summer campaign was another series of German victories the year would end with the surrounding of the German 6th army at Stalingrad. The mass of obsolete Soviet tanks had been destroyed in 1941 with only the T-26 still appearing in any numbers. Now the main Soviet tank is the deadly T-34. The Germans struggled to match this until later in the year with the arrival of the Panzer IVf2 with a long 75mm gun and then the deadly Tiger Tank.
Missions vary from straightforward wipe out the enemy missions, to capture key objectives, to protect vital supply convoys. There is a whole range of missions to reflect the tactical complexity on warfare on the Eastern Front.
The game system is based on, and a major upgrade of, the successful game engine developed for ‘Tank Battle: North Africa’. Tank Battle: 1941 is already available from the App Store. More Tank Battle: East Front missions will follow with the release of Tank Battle: East Front 1943, 1944 and 1945 in the coming weeks.
Key Game Features:
• High Definition World War Two Era Graphics.
• Play as the Soviets in the 7 Mission ‘First Strike’ learning campaign that ends with two in depth missions.
• Play as the Germans in the 8 Mission ‘Onwards’ Campaign.
• Play as the Soviets in the 8 Mission ‘At all costs’ Campaign.
• Play as either side in 2 pass and play two play two player missions.
• 38 different German units; Tiger I, Panzer IVf2, Panzer IIIj(special), Flammpanzer III, Panzer IIIL, StuG IIIf , Marder I, Marder IIa, Marder IId, 15cm Sfh18, 17cm K18, 20mm FlaK38, 37mm FlaK37, 37mm Pak36, 50mm Pak38, 75mm LefK 16na, 88mm FlaK36, 10.5cm Sfh18, Junkers 87, Nebelwerfer 41, Opel truck, , Panzer 38t, Panzer IIa, , Panzer IIIe, Panzer IIIj, Panzer IV, Panzer IVf1, , Panzerjager Ib, Sdk.Fz 7, Sdk.Fz 10/4, Sdk.Fz 222, Sdk.Fz 232, Sdk.Fz 251, SiG Ib & Wurfrahmen 40.
• 18 different Soviet units; T-70, KV-8 flamethrower tank, M3a1 transporter, 76mm model 1942 zis3 artillery, 76mm model 1942 zis3 anti-tank gun, 45mm model 1937, 85mm model 1939, 122mm model 1938, 152mm model 1938, BA-10, BM-13, KV-1, KV-2, , Shturmovik, T-26, T34/76 model 1940, T-60, Truck
• 5 common units; Flamethrower infantry, Heavy Machine Guns, Riflemen, Mortars, and Supply Dumps.
• Hi-definition summer and winter terrain.
• Four troop classes; Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
• Other Game Features; Detailed Combat Analysis, Flank Attacks , Strategic Movement, indirect fire, mounting and dismounting from vehicles.
• Hours of game play
• Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
• Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/tankbattleeastfront
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2014 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved. © 2014 The Lordz Games Studio s.a.r.l. All Rights Reserved.
- March 15, 2014 Initial release
- April 11, 2014 New version 1.1
- April 24, 2014 New version 1.2
- May 23, 2014 New version 1.3
- June 30, 2014 New version 1.4
- August 07, 2014 New version 1.5
- August 28, 2014 New version 1.6
- September 29, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 07, 2014 New version 1.7
- December 01, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 04, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- January 29, 2015 New version 1.8
- March 28, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.9
- April 27, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 07, 2015 New version 1.10
- May 18, 2015 New version 1.11