• Winner of a 2013 PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• A fully interactive storybook for young and emerging readers
• Based on the award winning titles originally published by Living Books
"Every word on every page is interactive, and the book comes with multiple languages, parent tips, and an extensive teacher resource guide to use the app/storybook in the classroom setting.
These features combined with top-notch storytelling make this app worth it's $4.99 price tag. Download it, and enjoy hours of fun with your little one."
- Tim Leverett ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! The Tortoise and the Hare is an imaginative and interactive reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this classic Aesop’s fable to life. Read and play along as the Tortoise proves that slow and steady wins the race. Join him as he accepts the much faster Hare’s challenge to a race – one that doesn’t turn out exactly as the Hare had planned.
• Includes both English and Spanish with dynamic switching between the languages
• French available as an upgrade
• Over 500 interactive words in each language
• 12 fully interactive pages of word play
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• A hidden animated surprise on each page – see if you can find Ruppert the dragonfly
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope The Tortoise and the Hare provides your family, children and students with hours of story play.
The Tortoise and the Hare is credited to Greek storyteller Aesop (620-564 BC). This version is retold by Living Books creator Mark Schlichting. The characters were designed by Michael Dashow and backgrounds were painted by Barbara Lawrence, each an original Living Books team member.
The Fingerprint Network
The Tortoise and the Hare is part of the Fingerprint Network of games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets kids and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
- Parent Controls keep In-App-Purchase behind a parent gate.
- July 31, 2015 Initial release