• Winner of a 2013 PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• PBS-favorite Arthur stars in this interactive story originally published by Living Books
• A fun tale for children about resolving conflicts and choosing between friends
"I am excited to see these engaging interactive versions of my books available to kids everywhere once again. Thanks Wanderful!”- Marc Brown, Author of the Arthur series of books
The app includes the original story, which you can have read to you, or which you can explore via extensive interactivity. Nearly every object on every page is interactive in some way, and each reacts to touch in a thoughtfully-designed manner. These elements come alive, interact with other on-screen elements, and interact with the story itself in a logical and appropriate way.
Words are interactive, too. Readers can touch any word to hear what it sounds like. Aside from the obvious reading and word learning that can occur, we also had fun pressing different words to create completely different sentences than those actually written on the screen. And then laugh hysterically at the fun we were having.
Also included are both English and Spanish versions, parental tips, and rich teacher resources for use in the classroom setting. This is another world-class interactive storybook from Wanderful."
- Tim Leverett ©2013 Parents' Choice
Arthur’s Birthday is an enchanting interactive reading experience with fully animated content featuring Arthur, star of the longest running children’s animated show in history. Wanderful brings every page of this heart-warming Marc Brown story to life. Arthur and Muffy are each planning their birthday parties for next Saturday afternoon. How will their friends decide which to attend?
Read and play inside each of the fully animated pages, where everything comes to life for hours of delightful story fun as Arthur creates a solution that includes everyone. In English and Spanish with French story content available as an in-app upgrade.
• Story is in both English and Spanish - change language from any page
• Each page is fully animated and interactive and virtually every item comes to life when tapped
• All words are recorded twice and are fully “active” for extended word play and language learning
• A hidden surprise is on each page – see if you can find all the confetti
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Two story modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Multiple settings further customize the App for your child’s reading experience
Arthur’s Birthday is written by Marc Brown. Over 65 Million Arthur books are in print and the Arthur TV show is the longest running children’s animated show in history.
The Fingerprint Network
Arthur's Birthday is part of the Fingerprint Network of games for Learning and Play. Fingerprint offers a range of features to support the whole family including:
- A Shared Family Account makes it easy for kids and parents to share a device and allows parents to track the game play and learning of multiple children under a single account.
- In-App messaging lets kids and parents to send one another fun and encouraging messages.
- A curated Game Catalog suggests new Apps based on your child's interests and learning levels.
- Parent Controls keep In-App-Purchase behind a parent gate.
- July 24, 2014 Initial release