We've reduced the size of the app to a third of what it was - to save up some space on your device!
You don’t have to be a wine aficionado to toss around words like “bouquet” and “tannin” at a party or on a date. But if you’re one of the 70% of people who bluff their way through their wine choice, or one of the 30% who don’t, here is an app for you.
Grappled is a free food and wine pairing app designed to beat wine anxiety by helping you choose the perfect wine based on dish, cuisine, occasion or taste preference.
Like your own digital sommelier, Grappled not only helps you choose the right wine, it also educates you along the way with detailed descriptions of various wine varieties, fun facts and bold imagery. In the seconds it takes to download, you will have the confidence to conquer any wine list.
Grappled uses the scientific theory of ‘what grows together, goes together’ and the basic characteristics of taste to provide a fully dynamic matching and wine pairing with every imaginable dish.
- Pair food and wine based on dish, cuisine, style, occasion and taste
- View the wine lists of a number of UK-based restaurants
- Explore specific wines by country, style, and retailer
- Search the wine database
- Browse geeky wine facts to impress your date or dining companions with
- Access great offers from a selection of our favourite retailers
If you’re a wine lover who knows what you like when you taste it, but you don’t have an extensive wine database conveniently stored in your head, don’t despair. Wine should be a joy to drink, and with Grappled to help inform your choice, you can be sure it will be.
- May 04, 2015 New version 1.7.5
- March 26, 2015 New version 1.7.4
- January 29, 2015 New version 1.7.2
- January 05, 2015 New version 1.7.1
- December 12, 2014 New version 1.7.0
- October 08, 2014 New version 1.6.0
- August 17, 2014 New version 1.5.0
- August 07, 2014 New version 1.4.0
- June 15, 2014 Initial release