- iRing™ technology now supported also on iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S
iRING FX/CONTROLLER – MUSIC CONTROL EVOLVES TO THE THIRD DIMENSION
iRing FX/Controller is the engine you need to bring your music performance in the third dimension. With iRing FX/Controller DJs and musicians get two apps in one: a real time audio effect processor and a MIDI controller, both controllable by your hand gestures, thanks to the new impressive iRing motion controller technology.
iRing FX/Controller can be fully operated using the device touchscreen, but unleashes its full potential with the iRing motion controllers (sold separately at your favorite electronics and music retailers), a set of two “rings” you wear on your fingers, to control music apps by waving your hands in front of your device camera. iRing features two sets of dot patterns that iRing FX/Controller app recognizes, translating their motion into control commands.
When iRing FX/Controller is used as a real time audio processor, you can control 2 simultaneous effects, selectable within 16 high quality tempo-synced creative effects; choose from effects like Filter, Delay, Compression, Reverb and Wah, or add a new level of audio creativity with our suite of wacky DJ effects like stutter, Fuzzy, Crush, Twist, Brake, Spin and Tail. You can process external audio in real time, fed through the digital or analog audio-input of your device, or thanks to AudioBus and Inter-App Audio compatibility you can use it on the audio stream of other compatible apps running in background on the same device.
Up to 3 parameters for each effect can be controlled simultaneously with iRing FX/Controller which supports IK's exclusive X-Sync features to detect tempo from external audio sources in realtime and automatically sync the effects tempo. iRing FX/Controller is extremely easy to use and with a little practice, you’ll be creating amazing performances in no time.
When used as a MIDI controller, iRing FX/Controller can transmit MIDI messages to other Virtual MIDI compatible apps running in background or to external devices using compatible MIDI interfaces (like iRig MIDI or iRig PRO). Send MIDI messages such as Control Change, Notes, Program Change, Pitch Wheel, After Touch, MIDI System Realtime, MMC (Midi Machine Control), with up to 3 assignable parameters (the X,Y,Z axis position) for each of the 2 detectable iRing. Store MIDI Message Presets in which you can add multiple assignments for each axis. Additionally MIDI messages can also be sent to Mac software applications wirelessly (using MIDI network).
Also multiple gestures are detected and can be used to send MIDI messages, like iRing show/hide, clockwise/counterclockwise rotation, camera field of view enter/exit and more. Control your MIDI compatible apps, software or hardware in a choreographic way for a new level of musical (or other) performance control. Free the flow of your creativity.
- Easy and intuitive interface to control effects or send MIDI messages
- 2 axis touch control surface or 3 axis dimension control using iRing
- Support front and rear camera (with iRing)
Real time audio multi-effects
- Up to 16 High quality tempo-synced audio effects processors (1 effects free, the other available as in-app purchase)
- Real time audio processing of the analog or digital device audio input
- Compatible with Inter-App Audio and AudioBus
- Support X-Sync: detect tempo from external audio sources in realtime and auto-sync the effects tempo
- Support for Control Change, Notes, Program Change, Pitch Wheel, After Touch, MIDI System Realtime, MMC (Midi Machine Control) via Virtual MIDI
- Works with iRig MIDI, iRig PRO and any other iOS compatible MIDI interfaces to control external MIDI devices
- Store MIDI Messages Presets allowing multiple assignable MIDI messages
- Send MIDI messages to desktop applications wireless using MIDI network
To learn more about the iRing:
Also check out our music apps and mobile accessories here:
- June 13, 2014 Initial release