bugs fixing and sharing option
What the application does is to prepare you for meditation. Use it to start the process of concentration and controlling your mind from wandering. Listen the ‘OM’ chants to isolate yourself from the external chaos. The chant will resonate within you to give you a sense of peace and link with the universe. The chant could be practiced in silence with the chant echoing within your body as you practice the art of breathing in line with the ‘OM’ chant and the flame. Practicing this approach in your busy life will benefit you in developing your ability to improve your concentration and reduce your mind wandering and distracting thoughts. Start with a timeframe of 3 minutes and then build this up on a daily or weekly basis.
The process may differ for every individual, however a standard is presented here.
• Sit comfortably with an erect spine.
• Place the smartphone device - where your gaze falls naturally downward, or on a table that places the flame at eye level.
• Silently focus on the flame.
• Straighten, and then release the muscles from toes to head until they become relaxed and still.
• Take note of spots where there is tension, and smoothen and calm those muscles in imagination until they become peaceful.
• Follow your breath as you gaze into the candle flame.
• After gazing steadily at the flame with eyes open, close your eyes and visualize the flame.Your inner thoughts and your mind will tend to wander. Let it happen and each time it will eventually slow and possibly even stop. Just watch the flame’s soothing dance.During this activity your whole intent is to think of your breathing and to shut away distracting thoughts. This is difficult at the start, and therefore listen to the ‘OM’ chant to concentrate the mind. The state of equanimity towards all your surrounding can be achieved by redirecting to the flame and chants, and following the breath again and again.Experiences of individuals can never be the same.When your mediation comes to an end, rest for 3 or 4 minutes continuing the breathing approach, before going back to your normal life. This transition time is important, so do not return to daily activity suddenly, after meditating.
OMKARA is an application to help start the process of meditation by applying a steady, warm and bright object that signifies peace, calmness and presents the basic concept of all spiritual teaching ‘light dispels darkness(ignorance)’, the ‘flame burns away ego’ and the ‘brightness enhances Truth.
We would love for you to rate us positively on the App store please. It won't even take 30 seconds & will go a long way in helping us build better apps for you.
Criticism??? Please write to us on [email protected] & we will write back to you.
We can't have you unhappy, can we?
Team Vijay Web Solutions
- February 10, 2014 Initial release
- October 24, 2014 New version 126.96.36.199
- October 13, 2015 New version 1.1