- The app now supports Apple Speech Recognition Technology - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations;
- Revamped app widget for your Search Screen and Home Screen;
- Speech to speech mode is available for Basque and Galician;
- Speech to text translations are now supported for Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Persian, Slovenian, Serbian, Zulu;
- Text to text translations now also work for Amharic, Corsican, Frisian, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Luxembourgish, Pashto, Samoan, Shona, Sindhi, Tatar, Xhosa, Scottish Gaelic, Bashkir, Udmurt, Querétaro Otomi, Yucatec Maya ;
- Performance and stability improvements for flawless work on iOS 10.
Thank you for your continued support and comments submitted by email! Don't hesitate to share your impressions and feedback with us via [email protected]
Optimized for iOS 10! Featured in Best of 2016 Top Paid collection on the App Store in France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Brazil and many more countries!
Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe. Instantly speak 54 languages and hold written conversations in more than 100 languages!
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
Simply speak to your watch and get your speech instantly translated wherever you are! Enjoy voice to voice translation in 54 languages.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text-to-text translations
* 54 languages for voice-to-voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list.
PERFECT USER EXPERIENCE
* Built-in offline voices: reduce Internet traffic usage and translate even quicker
* Multitasking option for iPad: translate simultaneously with working in other apps via Split View function.
* 3D Touch support for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: hard press on the app icon to quickly send text for translation
* Translation history always at hand: access previously made translations through Spotlight search results
* Useful widget that saves translations and serves as an offline phrase-book
* Handoff feature: translate without interrupting your session - switch from your iPhone to your iPad (or vice versa).
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Translate in portrait or landscape mode
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft™. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Speech to speech translations are supported between the following languages: Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canada, India, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between the following languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between the following languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bashkir, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canada, India, UK, US), Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, French (Canada), Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Moldavian, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Punjabi, Querétaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scottish Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Udmurt, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Yucatec Maya , Zulu.
- February 12, 2014 Initial release
- March 07, 2014 New version 1.1
- April 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 15, 2014 New version 1.2
- May 20, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- May 21, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- May 23, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- May 23, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- May 25, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- June 03, 2014 New version 1.3
- June 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- July 16, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- August 02, 2014 New version 1.4
- September 20, 2014 New version 1.5
- October 14, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.6
- December 03, 2014 New version 1.7
- January 01, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- February 12, 2015 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- March 20, 2015 New version 1.9
- March 20, 2015 Price decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
- April 16, 2015 New version 2.0
- April 24, 2015 New version 2.1
- June 15, 2015 New version 2.2
- July 14, 2015 New version 2.3
- September 22, 2015 New version 2.4
- October 15, 2015 New version 2.5
- October 22, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $2.99
- November 11, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 12, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99
- December 20, 2015 New version 2.7
- February 03, 2016 New version 2.8
- July 26, 2016 New version 3.0
- August 12, 2016 Price increase: $9.99 -> $14.99
- September 14, 2016 New version 3.1